Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-28-2020, 02:35 PM   #11
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric1514 View Post
Those are all good questions. I imagine some of it is MD dickin' around with the thermostat dial but still... I installed THIS, specifically the TS2-030, so that I could tell the fridge exactly what temp I wanted and although it might at times struggle in the afternoon heat, it never froze my vegetables.

I bought something similar for my absorption fridge.

https://amazon.com/gp/product/B019I3...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It can install remotely but I installed it inside the fridge. I ran the wiring through the drain tube. Currently $15 on Amazon. It has performed flawlessly with very little current draw. A bonus is that when it does make temperature it shuts down the fridge circuit board off saving battery drain. It's nice to not worry about stuff freezing anymore in my "automatic" temperature control Dometic RM2451. I've traveled with it for two months, so far.

Eric, I like your install. I was on the road when i put mine in and wanted to do it quickly. I may or may not do something different once I shut down for a bit. Current plans are for traveling until about 1 Dec with a short break in early October.
Just for fun:'15 Kawasaki Versys650LT
Perfection is a fantasy, though improvement is possible(Wifey).
SteveJ is offline   Reply With Quote