Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-19-2024, 09:03 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Any benefit to 2 roof exhaust fans?

Any benefit to 2 roof exhaust fans?
I removed the roof AC it was never used an leaked rain even w/ a new gasket it leaked when parked w/ front even w/ back to much of a nuisance to elevate the front when ever it rains what absolute nonsense.
now there’s a big hole in the roof.
My initial plan was to just cover w/ a piece of aluminum glued down w/ buteral tape an screwed into roof.

Now I’m considering a second roof fan like is there any benefit to a 2nd fan? I could have redundancy, wear out the orginal fantastic fan then start using the backup.
Right now main objective is to cover the big hole.
I’d like a see though cover (skylight) as a day light that mite have to be home made.

Btw the van rides better after I heaved that dam heavey AC off the roof. Thanks for advicing
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...JC2Y5PU4&psc=1
Old 03-20-2024, 01:11 PM   #2
Platinum Member

You can have one blow air into the van and the other blow air out of the van for better circulation.
mloganusda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2024, 04:04 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mloganusda View Post
You can have one blow air into the van and the other blow air out of the van for better circulation.
good suggestion probabley better to blow in on back an suck in from front. the cheap fan I picked only exhausts.

last time I opened the both rear door/side door and kitchen windows w/ one roof fan it was about 90* ambient.
not sure if it's better to just open one window w/ exhaust fan when trying to stay cool?thanks