Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-04-2019, 04:02 PM   #30
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandyMan View Post
Hi!

My wife and I currently have a truck camper but want to try to switch to a Class B and I'm hoping you guys might be able to give us some advice. Were trying to figure out which model would best meet our needs. We are ski-bums and live in our camper at ski resort parking lots for most weekends during the winter. These are the things we must have:

-Ability to use full plumbing while boondocking down to 10 degrees F (I'm able to do some modifications myself to get it there if necessary)
-At least one child seat anchor
-A separate dinette and bed (we don't want to make/unmake the bed just to have somewhere to eat)

Can you think of anything that might work?

We had same questions and considered the Winnabago REVEL which is built on 4x4 Mercedes and has the water tank and all the plumbing inside and is good on most fronts, but we did not like the price $154K list selling at around $110-120, and cassette toilet. We ended up with a Carado Banff at $60K with tank inside, front wheel Promaster Van and most plumbing inside, that and elect heating tape and we were able to use at 10-20*. So far we like the Banff very much, but the REVEL is still on our future wish list.....
rboegh is offline   Reply With Quote