Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-01-2019, 02:26 AM   #6
Platinum Member

You can do a 2" lift kit on a Sprinter to raise it a little. It seems like a lot of work and expense for a couple inches but it is available.

https://agileoffroad.com/rip-kit-mercedes-sprinter/

My Sportsmobile Sprinter has a very high quality fit and finish. It certainly is built better than the Roadtrek and Winnebago vans I looked at. Pleasureways seem to be built pretty well but I don't think it is any better than the van I designed with Sportsmobile. You can get a higher end Class B from Advanced RV but it will cost you at least double the cost of a Sportsmobile. The main downside to Sportsmobile is the long wait time (1 year or more, probably longer for a 4x4).

I would have preferred a gas Class B myself but quickly learned that there aren't any other great gas options. I had no interest in a Fiat built Promaster. The only other option was a Ford Transit. There are several reasons that most of the Class B companies don't build on the Transit platform. The vast majority of Sportsmobiles are diesel Sprinters and not Transits. There will be a gas Sprinter soon but I think it will only be the 4 cylinder engine and without 4x4.
jrobe is offline   Reply With Quote