Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-04-2023, 04:53 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Cooking on the road inside the RV

If you know me, I can cook on a GRILL and I think I do very well, and not just Hamburgers and Hotdogs. Which to me is not really RV Cooking on a GRILL.

What to do on a rainy day?

To eat or not to Eat, you can't grill inside the RV Class B. I can cook, but I do need some instructions on the equipment stoves, microwave inside. Then I came across this website which has much improved, my rainy days and weekends outdoors with more fun time inside the class B, please, tell me what you think of these cool dishes can you make it happen in your Class B?

https://rvxplor.com/campcooking/methods/
Dogman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2023, 06:40 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Instant Pots, convection ovens, air fryers, induction cooktops can be used indoors or outdoors. A microwave/convection oven combo is good for indoors and you can cook just about anything. I just bought an indoor electric countertop pizza oven capable of making all types of pizzas. I might use it in our Class B as I made sure it would fit in storage on a back shelf out of the way. we have a drawer in the kitchen galley for the induction cooktop and Instant Pot. We cook outside if the weather cooperates on a drop down table in the sliding door opening. Outdoors we no longer have a grill but I do still carry my cast iron pot.
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2023, 03:02 PM   #3
Platinum Member

I seldom use the induction cooktop because I don’t want grease, etc., in the van. I use the Instant Pot often (vent outside), and the microwave every day. Homemade soups, chili, meatloaf, lasagna, cooked hamburgers, etc., are in the freezer for rainy days. I concentrate the soups and freeze them flat in quart ziplocs so they fit compactly in the freezer. For extended trips, I freeze cooked, crumbled hamburger in a flat vacuum pack so I can make chili, soups on the road.

Build Site: msnomersvan.wordpress.com
Travel Site: woodworkingtraveler.wordpress.com
MsNomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2023, 03:12 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Frying food inside is what we avoid. The drop down table is one reason we planned for it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg Mies Drop Down Table (1).jpeg (316.0 KB, 22 views)
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2023, 06:18 PM   #5
Platinum Member

If it's messy enough to need to be cooked outside, I don’t want it that close to the van. That’s what the butane stove is for. If boondocking, we use the collapsible table.

Old 12-05-2023, 07:09 PM   #6
Gold Member

Davy is right on the infra red hot plate for cooking on a table outside. The inside vent fan helps, but unless you can't get outside then convection micro wave is the way.
Beachlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2023, 09:17 PM   #7
Platinum Member

Our microwave compartment is just a touch too small for a combination unit, so we carry a small Breville toaster oven. Great for toast, of course, but we can bake just about anything. On rare occasions use the induction cooktop (luckily there is a fan right above and a window right behind the cooktop). If I really want to, I could move either the cooktop or the toaster to an outside outlet.
JonMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2023, 10:33 PM   #8
Platinum Member

DDavid, I'm no writer, as I was trying to show that when the campgrouds deep in water. One can still cook inside and found this sites showing some road side dishes while on the road with all the equipment you named. Thanks good post. PIZZA seems interesting to make, Thanks
Old 12-08-2023, 09:48 PM   #9
Platinum Member

Angry

Sorry Folks as I can see I typed the wrong link:

http://RvXplor.us
Old 12-10-2023, 11:12 PM   #10
Bronze Member

The Omnia "Stove Top" Oven is quite versatile.
I made these Blueberry Muffins and added LOTS of FRESH berries.
(Sorry if the photos are sideways.)

There is an Omnia Oven Facebook page with lots of ideas for things to cook.

https://www.amazon.com/OMNIA-Kit-Set...2252664&sr=8-5

IMG_6807.jpg

IMG_6809.jpg
ballbraindogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2023, 08:17 AM   #11
Platinum Member

I'm another member of the Omnia Stovetop Oven Fan Club. Nothing like the smell of fresh baked goodies in your campervan.
Old 12-11-2023, 02:32 PM   #12
Platinum Member

The Omnia looks like a great device for folks with gas stovetops, but it doesn’t work on induction.

I don’t bake much, but I once cooked a perfect pone of cornbread on the induction cooktop: I have two identical 9” induction-capable pans with flat lips that seal reasonably well against each other. The grate from my 3-qt Instant Pot fits inside, and a 6” pan fits on it.

Old 12-11-2023, 02:35 PM   #13
Platinum Member

This is why I don’t use an open pan in or near the van. The clear spot is where the butane cooktop sat on the picnic table.

Old 12-11-2023, 03:01 PM   #14
Platinum Member

Cool

Thanks but are these wonderful dishes done inside the RV, on a gas, convection oven, or microwave? Thanks for sharing, But I'm very good on a BBQ Grill and do a lot more than Hotdogs and Hamburgers. Which to me is not grilling at all. I've cooked roost in the smoker.

What I was asking for and in hopes of learning, I know very little about cooking inside the RV and would love it if you or someone would share cooking tips from inside the Class B Motorhome. Thanks to everyone who has shared.

I'm sorry for the bad link I posted, and in my defense, the website has changed over the last month from ( .US/ ) to ( .COM/ ) and it seems the Wonderful food dishes had been removed with the witch. Thanks for your understanding and please check out " RvXplor "

I truly enjoy cooking tips and my mother had been mixing things as she cooked away. And I would like to learn how to use my Class B Kitchen equipment Microwave convection oven and I have the Induction Cook Top. But have very little knowledge of how to make them work for me. The website had dishes I wanted to share and I hope to see them back on soon.

Thanks for sharing.
Love them and keep them up if they have been done inside Class B, please.
Old 12-11-2023, 03:13 PM   #15
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsNomer View Post
I don’t bake much, but I once cooked a perfect pone of cornbread on the induction cooktop: I have two identical 9” induction-capable pans with flat lips that seal reasonably well against each other. The grate from my 3-qt Instant Pot fits inside, and a 6” pan fits on it.
Yeah, I did that once when the package of "heat and serve" rolls that I bought turned out to be "thaw and bake".

Now, we have a 3-way convection/microwave/broiler, so future mistakes will be less consequential.
avanti is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2023, 03:44 PM   #16
Bronze Member

Here is another handy item for the camper. The "Fry Wall" helps to keep spatters at bay. Plus, it's pretty and doesn't take up much space.

https://frywall.com/

Fry Wall.jpg

2000 Pleasure Way Excel TD
ballbraindogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2023, 06:50 PM   #17
Bronze Member

Default Cooking on the inside in the rv

I also like to use my table top portable grill outside when the weather is nice. But on occasion if I don’t want to grill outside I’ll still cook hamburgers & hot dogs on my stove. Sometimes I will make homemade beef stew at home & bring it with me & just heat it up on my stove. I don’t have a instapot or any fancy devices. I do have a microwave built in that sometimes I need to use. I also brought a small toaster oven that fits perfectly in my cabinet & countertop.
ChristyCappello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2023, 07:58 PM   #18
Platinum Member

I have an UPDATE of the RV COOKING Resipes, These dishes at: are cooked inside the RV Camp Cooking – RvXplor
Old 12-11-2023, 10:03 PM   #19
Platinum Member

We have a microwave, a portable single burner induction cooktop, and a Ninja foodi that's a toaster oven and air fryer. We prefer to use the cooktop and Ninja outside but will use them inside when the weather isn't cooperative. We vacuum seal and freeze leftovers that we can microwave for quick meals when we're on the move and just want to make a quick stop to eat.
Punkinhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2023, 02:17 PM   #20
Platinum Member

Smile

Tips and Tricks for Using a Convection Oven and Induction Cooktop in Your RV
Tip 1: This blog post by La Mesa RV offers some helpful pointers for using a convection oven and an induction cooktop in your RV, such as how to adjust the temperature and cooking time, how to choose the right bakeware, and how to avoid overcrowding the oven. It also provides some examples of dishes that you can make with these appliances, such as BBQ country-style ribs, garlic potatoes, and spaghetti.

RV Convection Oven Cooking and Baking
Tips #2: This blog post by RV Lifestyle shares some of the advantages of convection oven cooking and baking, such as faster and more even cooking, higher-rising pastries, and crispier crusts. It also gives some general guidelines for using a convection oven, such as how to place the pans, how to reduce the oven temperature, and how to check for doneness. It also features a video of how to make a delicious apple crisp in a convection oven.

What You Need to Know About Cooking With Convection Ovens
Tip 3: This blog post by Tiffin Motorhomes introduces a series of videos that show how to use the convection microwave ovens found in Tiffin and Vanleigh RVs. Each episode offers delicious, everyday recipes and step-by-step instructions for how to use the convection oven, such as how to preheat, how to set the timer, and how to use the metal rack. Some of the recipes include huevos rancheros, chicken pot pie, and chocolate chip cookies. tip 3:

Induction Convection Perfection
Tip 4:: This blog post by Thor Motor Coach explains how induction convection cooking works and why it is beneficial for RVers. It also showcases some of the motorhomes that come standard with electric or gas with induction combination cooktops, such as the Aria, the Venetian, and the Tuscany. It also provides some links to other resources that offer more information and recipes for induction convection cooking.

I hope these blogs inspire you to try some new dishes in your RV kitchen using convection and induction cooking.

Easy RV Meals You'll Love
https://temeculablogs.com/easy-rv-meals/

33 Amazing 5-Ingredient Recipes for Cooking in a Camper
https://blog.cheapism.com/rv-cooking-easy/

10 Easy Recipes You Can Make In The RV Oven
https://rvlife.com/rv-oven-recipes/

Source: Conversation with Bing, 12/12/2023"My new Dell Computer Copilot - A.I."

In my RV I have no GAS or Electrical OVEN. I only have a Convection Microwave and an Induction Cooktop. Please let me know if this was any help to you as I will be trying a few in the near further. Thanks for sharing my thoughts HERE.

Tags
convection, cooking, cooktop, microwave, oven