Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-12-2023, 01:54 AM   #1
Bronze Member

Default Anyone know how to shut off this

Gage in the back of my Tellaro ,,it stays on even when the back master is off
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GAGE.jpg (179.7 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg GAGE2.jpg (66.3 KB, 8 views)
chrislana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2023, 03:39 AM   #2
Platinum Member

Brute force but works, I used it on my fridge display. Used a transparent double sided tape to mount.
https://www.amazon.com/FLANCCI-Block...1zcF9hdGY&th=1
GeorgeRa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2023, 11:20 AM   #3
Bronze Member

I dont understand what your saying?
Old 12-12-2023, 12:27 PM   #4
Platinum Member

It is a Balmar battery monitor, and battery monitors are made to not be disconnected during normal use because they then lose their calibration and accuracy until they get a full charge to the programmed specifications and start to discharge (in most of them).

That said, it is common to have a way to disconnect them, either by having two disconnect switches which would be you normal switch plus one for special items that only get disconnected at non use times so there is no power us. Monitors and solar are those kind of items. A simple fuse pull can be used for the couple of things that need it even.

If you want it off all the time to save power, you will lose the useful battery SOC and power use it provides, but that is your choice. Most people find the power use pretty low and in the range of .1-.3 amps, but that can add up a count if you have a small battery bank.

Here are the links to what I think you have. The product page and the installation and use manual.

https://balmar.net/product/SG200/

https://balmar.net/wp-content/upload.../PDS-SG200.pdf

You may need to find someone comfortable and capable of tracking down how it is wired in, but with the manuals it won't be all that hard for someone with electrical knowledge of RVs.
booster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2023, 01:18 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrislana View Post
Gage in the back of my Tellaro ,,it stays on even when the back master is off
Hello, I read the posted instruction by another user starting at PAGE 17 DISPLAY and saw nothing, no button to press and hold for most lights to turn off or dim, But here is the company phone line for Belmar at +1-360-435-6100

if you are uncertain which battery chemistry to select,
please contact Balmar Customer Support: http://www.balmar.
net/contact-technical-services/ or +1-360-435-6100

Hope this is helpful as I understand just crazy little lights can keep one awake at night. More so in a Hotel room with all the alarm safety lights wow. Once took me a good 30 minutes to find lights taped over them and my wife had me bring my little clips to hold the hotel draps closed from the morning sun light bussing through.

I feel your pain and hope the contact info is of some help Good luck
Dogman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2023, 01:41 PM   #6
Bronze Member

Thanks Booster This was some great stuff im going to stay with on just the way it is ,,i realized that by shutting the gage off my solor maybe off too ,,i did noticed that while the RV is sitting the batt in the rear are charging ,,it only runs down when i put it under the car port welllll cause the solor panles are not charging Thanks again
Old 12-12-2023, 01:45 PM   #7
Bronze Member

Well its not so much the light being on as i thought while sitting the rear batt will lose charge but i see that the solor panel keeps then up ,,its a new RV and im new at it too Thanks for the input
Old 12-12-2023, 02:14 PM   #8
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogman View Post
Hello, I read the posted instruction by another user starting at PAGE 17 DISPLAY and saw nothing, no button to press and hold for most lights to turn off or dim, But here is the company phone line for Belmar at +1-360-435-6100

if you are uncertain which battery chemistry to select,
please contact Balmar Customer Support: http://www.balmar.
net/contact-technical-services/ or +1-360-435-6100

Hope this is helpful as I understand just crazy little lights can keep one awake at night. More so in a Hotel room with all the alarm safety lights wow. Once took me a good 30 minutes to find lights taped over them and my wife had me bring my little clips to hold the hotel draps closed from the morning sun light bussing through.

I feel your pain and hope the contact info is of some help Good luck

On page 17 under the Display header there is a "power save" feature. When in a display setting that usually means that you would be able to set a timer to dim the display or even shut it off after a time you program in. Commonly called "auto dimming" or such. You do save a bit of power, and you also get the benefit of killing the bright light. Normally, you just push any button or touch the screen to have it brighton up again. It will dim again after the set time.
Old 12-12-2023, 02:27 PM   #9
Platinum Member

Quote:
Thanks Booster This was some great stuff im going to stay with on just the way it is ,,i realized that by shutting the gage off my solor maybe off too ,,i did noticed that while the RV is sitting the batt in the rear are charging ,,it only runs down when i put it under the car port welllll cause the solor panles are not charging Thanks again

You have said you have the lithium batteries in your van, so there is something that has gotten much more common in the care of them lately that you may want to consider.

Lithium batteries don't like to be full all the time and it will shorten the life by an unknown, at least to me, amount.

Most recommendations say that leaving them somewhere in the 50% SOC is the best, with no float or periodic charging needed until they drop to maybe 40% SOC. Since you don't appear to have a way to shut all power use off, you could just pick 40-60% as your target and turn everything you can off, including the solar. Charge to 60% and disconnect until it hits 40%. I think with just the monitor running it will take at least a week to drop the 80ah of capacity that would be 20% of the 400ah bank.

Depending on the controller for the solar, you might be able to just set it to charge to 60%, but most won't cut off completely so not the best. Perhaps the Balmar monitor has a way to control that like you can with a Victron monitor is you just add a relay to the panels.
Old 12-12-2023, 04:39 PM   #10
Platinum Member

Quote:
I dont understand what your saying?
Sorry I wasn’t explicit enough. What I suggested is similar to using sunglasses the sunny bright days. Film, which Amazon sells, blocks 50-80% light but still provides clear image, just less bright. Just like a neutral density filter on a camera lens.

Cutting film to your display size and mounting with a double-sided tape would take a few minutes, most likely less than engineering a new wiring scheme.
I used this “brute” force light blocking method on my fridge LED, temperature is still readable in bright days but at night display is less obtrusive.
Good luck.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20231212_093207.jpg (152.9 KB, 4 views)
GeorgeRa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2023, 12:11 PM   #11
Bronze Member

ok i see but i wanted it off so the batt dont drain but i see by keeping it on is better
Old 12-13-2023, 12:21 PM   #12
Bronze Member

Thanks for letting me know about the 100% thing ill have to limit my solor in come by parking it under the carport and monitoring it i just bought a battery shut off switch and mounting it under the front seat ,,my front battery goes dead after 2 week of not running it
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 403411480_380350844410793_4531356575933605879_n.jpg (221.0 KB, 4 views)
Old 12-13-2023, 02:13 PM   #13
Bronze Member

That auto diming thing works just have to hold the button down till it blinks then let it go and thats it
Old 12-13-2023, 02:21 PM   #14
Platinum Member

Quote:
That auto diming thing works just have to hold the button down till it blinks then let it go and thats it

Do you have to push the button every time to dim it or is auto after that. I think the manual said you could set it to do dim or go off completely.

Check page 13 lower right corner of the manual posted earlier and it will tell you how to work the single button settings. Looks like long push to get flash to put it in settings mode, then short push to scroll through the settings, then long push to accept the one you choose.
Old 12-13-2023, 09:40 PM   #15
Bronze Member

My had tobe pushed every time one for high one for med and then one for dim which is almost off you see a gray number which i was happy with that but no off setting if you keep your finger on it keep rolling around High med dim high med dim lift your finger and it stops were you want it
Old 12-13-2023, 10:50 PM   #16
Platinum Member

Quote:
My had tobe pushed every time one for high one for med and then one for dim which is almost off you see a gray number which i was happy with that but no off setting if you keep your finger on it keep rolling around High med dim high med dim lift your finger and it stops were you want it

You should be getting a menu list to scroll through and then be able select autodimming and timeout time. The list is on page 17 lower right side.

Have you done long push and then tried short pushes to scroll through options. They aren't clear on how to accept one once you get there, but the guess would have to be a long push. You might want to contact Balmar and ask how the menus and settings actually work and what procedure as the manual is not very good.
Old 12-14-2023, 02:19 AM   #17
Bronze Member

yes long push then short push's haven't got to the time out display yet ,,,just to cold outside but ill get to it tomorrow,,i also love the manual you sent me thanks ill study more on it tomorrow