Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-31-2016, 10:30 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruising7388 View Post
The ARV BMS operates without any parasitic drain?
There is a "parasitic drain" due to the battery management system on any lithium battery system but most have a drain that is not significant relative to the usable amp hours from the battery bank.
gregmchugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 12:12 AM   #2
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregmchugh View Post
There is a "parasitic drain" due to the battery management system on any lithium battery system but most have a drain that is not significant relative to the usable amp hours from the battery bank.
The question was only half serious. Requiring 3 amps to support a lion BMS would deplete the practical capacity of a 200 ah battery about 40% over a 24 hour period which is outlandish if that is actually the case. If it is, why would RT be prompted to implement a BMS so power hungry if "most" of the marketed systems have insignificant power drains?

Does anyone know if ARV uses latching power relays in their design?
cruising7388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 03:16 AM   #3
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregmchugh View Post
I will have to remember to simply ignore your questions from now on and not waste my time trying to provide answers to you inquiries unless you would be so kind as to include the smiley face on the ones where you are simply being cute and no smiley face on the ones where you are actually seeking information...

You are the other recent poster who triggers my troll detector much too often, I will have to listen more often to that detector and simply ignore your musings...
I'm a recent arrival to this forum and want to respect its traditions. But the reason for this vitriol totally eludes me. I'm not interested in tangling with or trolling anybody. I'm here to learn and contribute. So can anyone clarify for me what this guy's problem is?
cruising7388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 04:01 AM   #4
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruising7388 View Post
I'm a recent arrival to this forum and want to respect its traditions. But the reason for this vitriol totally eludes me. I'm not interested in tangling with or trolling anybody. I'm here to learn and contribute. So can anyone clarify for me what this guy's problem is?
I deleted it, just continue with the regularly scheduled programming...
gregmchugh is offline   Reply With Quote