Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-19-2008, 04:34 AM   #1
Platinum Member

Location: Sarnialabad, The Newly Elected People's Republic of Canuckistan
Default Handheld CB radios

The following is from a Q&A between Bobbi and myself regarding handheld CB radios. The same "Cobra" is available at CTC for about $110+tax in Ontario. I did a bit of research on CBs before asking, and it does look like a pretty good radio, if your cell phone isn't fiscally responsible on the road.
Mike.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:16 pm Post subject: CB in Roadtrek Reply with quote
Bobbi,
Don't know how often you check old threads (like this one), but was wondering if you could recommend a good (or the best?) hand
held CB available. I don't want to mount a permanent CB in the rig just yet. I'm new to the forum and was thinking about getting one as I can't be bothered dealing with getting my cell phone provider to allow me to use my pre-paid in the US of A (have to secure the account with a credit card prior to using it int he States, a real pain since I've been their customer for over 20 years).
Any thoughts? I would like to pick it up in the USA, so a recommendation for the best place to get it would be helpful too.

Thanks,
Mike.
Bobbi
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:09 pm Post subject: CB - IN ROADTREK Reply with quote
Hi Mike,
COBRA makes a hand held CB and it has 10 weather channels on it. You can buy it from Camping World. They do have stores all over the USA. You can also go online at www.Camping World.com and look for it there. If you join their club, they do give you a discount.
If I can be of anymore help you can also email me at: Hotbobbi@aol.com.
2003 FORD EXCEL-RD (#3)
HAVE PLEASURE-WAY, WILL TRAVEL!