Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-07-2019, 06:59 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryantch View Post
Thanks everyone for all the comments.

Ultimately decided on the 2010 Airstream Interstate. 23k, one owner, all service records, just over 60k with new tires and new batteries.

Just resealed the roof, installed Roku, ordered a Stowaway Max, a resonator for the genset, have a Pioneer AVH-1440NEX with Carplay on its way and sent the airstream off to the shop to have the faded mouldings painted to match the body paint.

Should be all set to hit the road by early next week!

FWIW, I would have replied earlier but it seems that I cant login and reply from my iphone? Tried Safari and Chrome to no avail...finally had time to break out the computer...
I've also been in the same market as you, Airsteam or Era and within the same price range. People are listing theirs here in southern California for $75K with 95K miles which is way above Nada Guides. What was the starting price that you haggled down from?

I have been a bit enchanted with the pre-DEF systems. I simply hate car engine trouble and feel like it will have less problems. The emissions posts on here had me pretty nervous to go this route but I think it would be ok in the end. Wondering if a SMOG test would show if the vehicle has recently passed vs. "barely passed."

The Era at 24' is just too long. I need the 4 captains chairs to be able to put carseats near me in the car.
  • Travato's bed is too small in the back, and clipped on the side. Also, wish it had the power sofa for more seating in the back instead of a permanent bed.
  • Adventurous RS bathroom is scary and finishes are too dated for me.
  • Hymer AKTIV has that cassette toilet and an almost unusable leaky shower.
  • Leisure Free Spirit TE seems amazing but I can't find it anywhere
  • Midwest Automotive Designs has something called the Weekender but I can't buy them used anywhere around here.
  • Anything on the Chevy Chassis had too low a roof and weird shower
  • Most custom builds lack the ability to seat 4 upfront in forward facing safe Captain or bench seating. Also, lots don't have indoor showers or Blackwater tanks.
hamsterwheel is offline   Reply With Quote