Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-26-2024, 10:53 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Honda gen setup

I was asked about my Honda setup. The box housing the generator is the cheapest 36" box on Amazon but heavily modified. The bottom of the box was removed and cut up and attached to the sides of the box to raise it 3". The box was one redo afther another and although it works well I would not do it again and recommend trying another approach!

The mount on the other hand although I had to redo it a couple times works well. If redoing the only thing I would change is I used 1 2X2 upright on each side I would use 2 smaller uprights on each side. Giving a little redundency should something start to fail.

The mount is a simple 3X3 angle iorn sandwitched in between the hitch and the frame using the hitch mounting holes, very simple and stable unlike putting something in the reciever. The top part that supports the generator is bed frame cut to the size I needed. I measured and cut everything tacked it together and took it to a shop to weld. I was a welder in my younger days and can still run a nice bead but I keep missing the joint! [IMG][/IMG]
jjrbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2024, 10:58 PM   #2
Platinum Member

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 03-26-2024, 11:07 PM   #3
Platinum Member