Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-15-2012, 01:55 PM   #1
Bronze Member

Default House battery issues

So I finally got my house battery installed today. When it was installed my furnace fan kicked on and wouldn't turn off (even when I turned off the breakers) so I pulled the fuse and that stopped it. Now when I turn the van on I can hear clicking/ pinging at my isolator/ inverter/ converter (I'll be honest I can't remember what I have where) It's also causing all of my dash lights and headlights to dim and I can watch the needle on my battery gauge in the dash go up and down with each click. I turned all the breakers off and it's still doing it. I read elsewhere when I searched

Quote:
Q: I'm hearing a ?clicking? or ?pinging? sound from my converter. What's going on?
A: The likely cause is the auto-reset breaker on the charger output cycling on and off. The DC load on the charging output exceeding the available output of the charge circuit causes this condition.
Can someone explain this in a more layman term to me so I can figure out how to fix it?
Dumb it WAY down. I'm terrified of electricity since a VCR tossed me across a room when I was 9 and really don't want to have to dink with it.
Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote