Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 12-24-2019, 05:07 PM   #61
Site Team
 
avanti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,542
Default

Moderator's note:
Please, folks, limit the conversation to the foibles of B-vans, not those of list members.
__________________

__________________
Formerly: 2005 Airstream Interstate (Sprinter 2500 T1N)
Now!: 2014 Great West Vans Legend SE (Sprinter 3500 NCV3 I4)
avanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 08:36 AM   #62
Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Or
Posts: 20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by avanti View Post
Moderator's note:
Please, folks, limit the conversation to the foibles of B-vans, not those of list members.
Thank you, moderator! I donít know if forum rules include deleting personal attack posts, or giving specific users a time-out. I hope so.
__________________

Neals384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 02:16 PM   #63
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 521
Default

Let me remind people, there is a link from a January 2019 article, almost a year ago. "However, if the schedule is to be followed, the upcoming Sprinter will enter the U.S. market in late 2020."

It doesn't seem to be behind schedule, at least not that schedule.
RossWilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 04:15 PM   #64
Platinum Member
 
Boxster1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Maryland
Posts: 974
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RossWilliams View Post
Let me remind people, there is a link from a January 2019 article, almost a year ago. "However, if the schedule is to be followed, the upcoming Sprinter will enter the U.S. market in late 2020."

It doesn't seem to be behind schedule, at least not that schedule.
I agree the 2020 Sprinters are not behind schedules typically followed by Daimler for the North American market. Normally the USA automobile market releases the next years models late in the year prior to the designated model year. But Daimler has not followed that schedule, especially not for Sprinters.

That is an interesting article you linked. Reads like one of those Robo generated pieces.

It is talking about the new Sprinter generation three (VS30) model that was released to the world in early 2018. It has been in production in USA for almost a year now as the model year 2019 Sprinter. The 2020 model year Sprinter will be virtually unchanged from the 2019 models now on sales in USA and Canada. That entire article is about two years out of sync with reality.
__________________
2013 Airstream Interstate Lounge EXT on 2012 Sprinter 3500 170Ext
Formerly: 1973 Dodge B300 DIY pop-top conversion
Boxster1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 01:25 AM   #65
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 521
Default

Quote:
That is an interesting article you linked. Reads like one of those Robo generated pieces.
That would certainly explain the clumsy wording. I was thinking some of it was taken from a translating a Mercedes news release for Europe.

Quote:
"That entire article is about two years out of sync with reality. "
It was written a year ago. I suspect most of Mercedes marketing for "new" Sprinters will include highlighting new features that are not unique to the current annual model. Most of their potential customers are going to be more familiar with the older models as a baseline. They aren't going to be comparing the 2020's features to the 2019 models.
RossWilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 07:29 AM   #66
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 143
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxster1971 View Post
On a side note about the demise of diesels - Mitsubishi Fuso Truck of America, Inc., 89% owned by Daimler AG, dropped the diesel engine in the FE medium duty trucks after the 2017 model year. They are now powered by a PSI 6.0L gasoline V-8.

https://www.globenewswire.com/news-r...L-Engines.html

https://www.mitfuso.com/en-us/blog/w...ne-over-diesel
The US Van usage is very contrarian to what happens outside NA. Bulk of Vans are diesel. Japanese offer some petrol versions. No problems with supply and there are more Vans available than what you would get in the US as the basis of a Class B. What would give people a chuckle here is the US Fuso site, that only offers ONE truck, light truck, not a medium, that can be had with a GM sourced 6 litre Gas engine to replace the 3 litre Diesel. On outside NA sites Fuso's tow roughly 100tons and go up to 13 litres in capacity not 3litres
Robert Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 05:09 PM   #67
Platinum Member
 
GeorgeRa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 1,644
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Ryan View Post
The US Van usage is very contrarian to what happens outside NA. Bulk of Vans are diesel. Japanese offer some petrol versions. No problems with supply and there are more Vans available than what you would get in the US as the basis of a Class B. What would give people a chuckle here is the US Fuso site, that only offers ONE truck, light truck, not a medium, that can be had with a GM sourced 6 litre Gas engine to replace the 3 litre Diesel. On outside NA sites Fuso's tow roughly 100tons and go up to 13 litres in capacity not 3litres
For Fuso this could be the key target, GM 6l. can do it diesel can't. Perhaps even LPG.
Attached Images
File Type: png Untitled.png (239.4 KB, 8 views)
GeorgeRa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 05:52 PM   #68
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 143
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeRa View Post
For Fuso this could be the key target, GM 6l. can do it diesel can't. Perhaps even LPG.
Japanese Trucks outside NA, have electric, Hybrid, CNG as well as Diesel. HUGE differences in what is shown on their US websites, compared to what you can get outside NA.
Petrol, ( Gas) engines are peculiar to Japanese Light and MDT's in NA. Most Japanese Trucks in NA are diesel. Their definition of MDT's is different going up to 52,000lbs GVWR.
Isuzu has a 5.2 MDT as their top truck on their US site, but a 15 litre Cabover On Highway Tractor on their non NA sites. Hino has a Conventional 8.8 Class 8 Truck on their US site, but that is their Hino 500 Cabover MDT outside NA
__________________

Robert Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT. The time now is 07:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×