Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-21-2019, 02:26 PM   #10
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by avanti View Post
But, my disillusion with diesel goes way beyond that. I do not believe that BlueTec will EVER work right, and I do not believe that Daimler will ever invest in a clean-slate replacement.

I think is probably the most relevant post when it comes to under 1.5 ton vehicles.

A huge percentage off available research funding is going into electric and other alternate fuels/engines, so I really don't think there will be anything left for diesels beyond some tweaks to existing designs. So no clean sheet, new, technologies for diesels is very likely except in the heavy truck market where the engines and market are much larger and almost entirely diesel. Those markets will be much likely to be able to justify the investments in diesels and because of the need for long distances, electric is not nearly as much of a short term threat diesel power as it is for light vehicle market.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote