Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-09-2022, 11:50 AM   #1
Gold Member

Default Roadtrek Storage Bin

I noticed that the long storage bin was not closing properly, it was proud on the right side and needed extra pressure to get it closed. Upon further investigation it appears that the support arm was possibly replaced. It was installed in the two factory holes but it is too far right and when the door is closed there is pressure on the plastic which bulges out This will eventually crack and I want to repair it to prevent this from happening. Is there a recommended source for these support arms - for lack of a better term? It is odd because the 2 holes that the attach the arm to the body actually seem to be drilled too far to the right for this to ever have worked properly. Hopefully I am describing this in a manner that makes sense - anyone else have such an issue.
Kurt Franz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 12:59 PM   #2
Platinum Member

This is my-go to place when I first start searching for unique parts. I would start by measuring up the original one and see how close you can get with a new one. Many of their items have technical drawings that will give you exact dimensions.
https://www.mcmaster.com/drawer-slides/
DaveBad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 06:30 PM   #3
Gold Member

I am wondering if there actually was a lid lift support installed at the factory on the right side of the long storage area. Can anyone confirm? Maybe the PO installed the one on the right and lined it up wrong.
Old 05-09-2022, 07:02 PM   #4
Gold Member

Just went on to Youtube and looked at a couple of videos of 2002 chevy and there is nothing on the right side. This thread can be sent to the ash heap of history!
Old 05-15-2022, 05:39 PM   #5
Silver Member

I have an 06C210P and my long storage is on the drivers side right behind the door.
Does anyone know if they ever had a real hinge to open the top cover? Mine looks like it did at one time but now all it has is a long piece of rubber that is attached with screws and lets water in so everything gets soaked. Any information or pictures of what it should look like would be appreciated.
topwop is offline   Reply With Quote