Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-14-2015, 04:34 PM   #281
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBahk View Post
Markopolo,
I was interested in RS, not RS Etrek. During the discussion of the sale price the sales rep provide this RT incentive. I asked him specifically if this Lithium 200AH upgrade will replace the existing 4 AGM batteries on RS. He said, NO. The same story was confirmed by RT customer support that the two battery system would work togther.
i'd take it if i could get it-take it
gerrym51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 08:53 PM   #282

Thanks, Gerrym51. I am still in between RS and Zion. We like the wide open windows of RS, but we know that your Zion is more practical. I defnitely take the Lithium batteries. I may regret it later but if I don't take it I will regret more.
BBahk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 10:13 PM   #283
Platinum Member

I'd take the free tandem also - no doubt about that.
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 03:36 AM   #284
Platinum Member

I thought the free tandem is only if you are buying a RT that is already on the dealer's lot. I assumed that it was just an incentive to clear old inventory. If you are ordering new... not sure what the options are. I changed my order to the ECOtrek 200 with the Voltrek to be added when available.
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
mumkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 11:16 AM   #285
Platinum Member

That's my understanding now also: New + In Stock on dealer lot.

See Roadtrek Summer Incentive! on American RV's site: Roadtrek Summer Incentive! | American RV
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 02:52 PM   #286
Platinum Member

this is a question about the tandem lithium

I am on record as wanting the extra tandem if i can get it. However after thinking about it(always a dangerous thing) i was wondering.

if you have 2 different types of batteries(3 if you count the zions tppl agm) which one does the inverter follow.

the lithiumbattery can go down to 10 percent(per roadtrek). however you would not want your agms to go down that low.

the only logical thing to me is the agms going to 50 percent then the lithium taking over.

is that kind of programming possible. would someone having agm and lithium be dooming their agm to early destruction?

or if the inverter is still only geared to protect the agm's the having extra capacity for air conditioning is questionable if the inverter will be turned off?

just wondering if i should forgo the tandem even if it becomes available?

an addendum- i suppose it might be possible to program the lithium battery to exhaust first then the agm?
Old 07-16-2015, 03:10 PM   #287
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrym51 View Post
this is a question about the tandem lithium

I am on record as wanting the extra tandem if i can get it. However after thinking about it(always a dangerous thing) i was wondering.

if you have 2 different types of batteries(3 if you count the zions tppl agm) which one does the inverter follow.

the lithiumbattery can go down to 10 percent(per roadtrek). however you would not want your agms to go down that low.

the only logical thing to me is the agms going to 50 percent then the lithium taking over.

is that kind of programming possible. would someone having agm and lithium be dooming their agm to early destruction?

or if the inverter is still only geared to protect the agm's the having extra capacity for air conditioning is questionable if the inverter will be turned off?

just wondering if i should forgo the tandem even if it becomes available?
Without knowing how they control things, and the all the secrecy about it, I don't think anyone can make an informed recommendation on if it is a good or bad system. As always with Roadtrek, you have to be in the "blind trust" mindset and assume they know what they are doing.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 03:19 PM   #288
Platinum Member

It also begs the question, if you are adding a battery pack, where is it going to be mounted? It's one thing to change out the existing for another large item, it's another to find a home for an additional large item.

I guess I'd be more concerned with the details if it didn't have the warranty that they are offering. If it's a 5 year, no-hassle replacement, that's a hard proposition to beat.
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 03:24 PM   #289
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wincrasher View Post
It also begs the question, if you are adding a battery pack, where is it going to be mounted? It's one thing to change out the existing for another large item, it's another to find a home for an additional large item.

I guess I'd be more concerned with the details if it didn't have the warranty that they are offering. If it's a 5 year, no-hassle replacement, that's a hard proposition to beat.
they are only offering the super warranty on 800 amps and up. there is no additional warranty on the tandem
Old 07-16-2015, 03:28 PM   #290
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by booster View Post
Without knowing how they control things, and the all the secrecy about it, I don't think anyone can make an informed recommendation on if it is a good or bad system. As always with Roadtrek, you have to be in the "blind trust" mindset and assume they know what they are doing.
I think you are right. There are too many questions. What compounds this is Jim Hammill's statement about their previous Etrek lithium ion battery failures in his backhanded way of slamming the other companies' efforts.
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 04:30 PM   #291
Platinum Member

Who knows yet if this tandem battery plan will work out or not?

What is clear to me is that it will add another level of complexity to an already complex system -- and the opportunity for one section's failure to be blamed on the other.

I'd be happier with that 5 year warranty of only I could get them to answer an email occasionally.
Old 07-16-2015, 04:36 PM   #292
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by obgraham View Post
Who knows yet if this tandem battery plan will work out or not?

What is clear to me is that it will add another level of complexity to an already complex system -- and the opportunity for one section's failure to be blamed on the other.

I'd be happier with that 5 year warranty of only I could get them to answer an email occasionally.

i've found the more complex the question-the slower the answer. with yours i would look for total battery replacement or ordering a new van.

that is what i am thinking about

i am wondering what a zion srt is
Old 07-16-2015, 08:12 PM   #293
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrym51 View Post
i've found the more complex the question-the slower the answer. with yours i would look for total battery replacement or ordering a new van.

that is what i am thinking about

i am wondering what a zion srt is
Smokin' Rear Tires?
Old 07-16-2015, 09:35 PM   #294
Platinum Member

Check out the second graphic on this page. The SRT version of the D CUV and Dart adds AWD, so maybe it's an AWD Promaster? (On the Challenger & Charger, the SRT adds a supercharger, which seems less useful for an RV.)
Gryphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 08:20 AM   #295

SRT may stand for short. Jim Hammill recently commented on Facebook in a discussion about the 170 that prospective buyers may want to wait a few weeks. The 19' Ducato is popular in Europe, because the width allows for sidewise sleeping. Roadtrek could easily copy the Agile or 170 floorplan to the 19'6" Promaster.
Gemlake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 12:23 PM   #296
Platinum Member

That may be a pretty good guess. That's the model GWV was using.

It would be a good alternative to Ascent and Agile.
Old 07-17-2015, 02:30 PM   #297
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemlake View Post
SRT may stand for short. Jim Hammill recently commented on Facebook in a discussion about the 170 that prospective buyers may want to wait a few weeks. The 19' Ducato is popular in Europe, because the width allows for sidewise sleeping. Roadtrek could easily copy the Agile or 170 floorplan to the 19'6" Promaster.
If this is the case, let's hope they do more than simply copy the agile floor plan into a shorter Promaster.
Nomad32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 08:07 PM   #298
Platinum Member

It doesn't seem that there dozens of options for floor plans in that small space. They could copy the Agile or the 170... which are about the same. Or they could switch the bath and galley as they have done on the Zion. (that would be a good choice)

I saw where Jim Hammill mentioned to E (who covets a 170) to wait a bit, but he had also answered a question from me on another thread saying that there were no plans to do the shorter Promaster. So... the plot thickens. I hope that they do plan to do the shorter Promaster.
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
mumkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 08:32 PM   #299
Platinum Member

It could very well be a more bare bones model to get to a much lower price point. More like a replacement for the Ranger.
Old 07-17-2015, 08:46 PM   #300
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumkin View Post
It doesn't seem that there dozens of options for floor plans in that small space. They could copy the Agile or the 170... which are about the same. Or they could switch the bath and galley as they have done on the Zion. (that would be a good choice)

I saw where Jim Hammill mentioned to E (who covets a 170) to wait a bit, but he had also answered a question from me on another thread saying that there were no plans to do the shorter Promaster. So... the plot thickens. I hope that they do plan to do the shorter Promaster.
The standard length Promaster 159 may only be 19.7ft long but it has 459 cu. ft. of cargo volume. To put that into perspective a Sprinter 3500 extended length like Davydd's Advanced RV has 467 cu. ft. of cargo volume and is 24ft long.

I specifically chose the Promaster 159 standard length so I could easily use it as a daily driver yet fit everything I want for my "mobile condo".
Jostalli is offline   Reply With Quote