Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-15-2024, 02:17 PM   #41
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensfan View Post
Thanks.
My Ranger is a 190, similar to yours. How easy or difficult was it to connect the outboard portable tank hose to your 190 Onan, e.g. did you reach under the chassis?

I put cut the fuel line under the van at a point where the tank side would reach the left rear wheelwell. I ran that line to the selector valve and another back to the cut off section of hose near the generator and attached with a splice fitting. Third leg of the valve had a short hose to the Quick Connect fitting. Then you make a loose hose with the mating Quick Connect on it and long enough for the other end to reach a gas can on the floor.

I could reach the valve handle and disconnect which were just under the inside edge of the wheelwell without removing the wheel or anything else. By sure to get a cap of some kind for van side QD to keep the dirt out of it.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2024, 01:44 PM   #42
Silver Member

Don't know if anyone really cares at this point (I know I'm late to the discussion)...

We installed a fuel shut off and just run the generator till it stops at the end of each year. We do that with most of our small engines too.
pasusan is offline   Reply With Quote