Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-03-2017, 04:42 AM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Today I ordered an Aktiv 1.0

I ordered an Aktiv 1.0 today.

I wanted a van out here on the west coast. Considering how it's laid out, and the equipment, I think it's a pretty good fit for a solo adventurer like myself.

After a lot of thought, I decided that the cassette system is something I can live with. You can still use it easily at all the many dump stations - it only takes a few seconds to dump it - pull it out, put the nozzle in the hole, push the button. Plus you have about a million other places you could dump it like vaults or rest stop bathrooms. I'll probably always use a dump station. But I like the idea of having the option.

I like that it doesn't devote tons of space to a bathroom, or the galley. No huge refrigerator, which is fine for one person on a vegan diet. The bath is adequate and has what you need, including a shower. What I do like is the build quality is much better that these low-grade lines like the Sunlight, and the others. I might argue it's better than the Zions and certainly Simplicity.

My big want was the short length of 19'. And I wanted room for my outdoor equipment in the back like I had on my Travato G. I also like the euro aesthetic of this van - the cabinetry and hardware - the acrylic awning windows - the big skylight.

I also ordered all the tech features - the lithium batteries, the autostart and the solar. It also comes with a spare tire and the underhood generator as standard features. I got the granite color with the unpainted bumper covers. Not keen on the chrome grill - I may mod that with some plasti-dip or a wrap.

It should take 3 months to build it. They truck them to the dealer and not drive them, so it should have very few miles on it when I get it. The wait will be tough.
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote