Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-20-2018, 06:30 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorsy View Post
So I am here at the Toronto RV show and thought I would share some of my findings. First of all, this is 50 times the show that Boston is. From the friendliness of the people to the really updated and modern bathroom and restaurant at the convention center. It feels so plush! Which I guess is what I really love about the leisure travel vans as well as the Hymer Aktiv 2.0. Very very plush and so impressed.

Here is what I learned, something that most of you probably already know…

The leisure travel van wonder which is what I really want it until I found out it only had two seatbelts, only has two seatbelts because they can only support sleeping for two. Apparently you can only have one seatbelt per sleeping position. They got away with more seatbelts in the unity twin bed model because they can cheat an extra bed between the driver and passengers seat in the front. And so, I learned that the Class B because it is also a second vehicle, rather than a recreation vehicle, means they can put as many seatbelts as they want without regard to the sleeping situation.

I chatted with the infamous Dean from Leisure travel vans, what a nice guy! And so informative. He asked me what my camping needs were and family situation, etc. He told me they are working on the wonder RTB and that will basically be like the unity and offer the extra seat belts and sleeping positions. The Prototype should be ready in June so that would be for only 2018. He said they were working fast and furious on it.

The Hymer rep was at the show as well and I learned a ton from him about the aktiv 2.0. I think at this point it serves my needs better than the leisure travel vans offerings.

I guess the question is, do I wait until that leisure travel RTB model is out… My gut instinct says not to as my kids are getting older and there's only so long I have with them. Also, next year my daughter is a junior in high school I will be driving her around to look at colleges and I thought how much fun it would be to travel in the RV.

One question for you with a class B, so you insure this as a vehicle but do you also have to have a RV insurance?

Is anyone else here at the show? If so, I'm at the really nice bar in the sparking restaurant having a delicious chicken Caesar salad and a beer. Please join me!

We attended early Thursday morning - a great time to go, apart from tickets being half price, very few people around so you could take your time looking at the vehicles and it was easy to reach sales folk and factory reps as needed.

First time I had seen the Leisure Travel vans 0 they are are plush and beautiful, but unfortunately all too large for us to fit in our drive unless I inset oe of our garage doors a couple of feet which some folk have done. I suppose that wouldn't be too big an undertaking!

However I really think I would like to stay with something in the 21-23 ft range which I think for us will strike a better balance at being "just big enough" and yet also more flexible for parking, manouevering, and use as a second vehicle.

The Aktiv 2.0 was one that I had really wanted to see but was a little dissapointed as we both found it just way too claustrophobic with the extremely narrow aisle. The dinette was a plus but even it was very confining despite the fact that we are both on the smallish side!

I certainly know that it is different strokes for different folks and for many, the Aktiv 2.0 could be just perfect. I could probably be ok with it, but my "Mrs" had stronger views!

The one we both liked the best was the PW Lexor ST and it would suit us fine. For now it comes to the top of our list!

I gather they are just coming out with a PW Lexor FL version by relocating the hanging closet that is right behind the driver's seat to a rearward position just aft of the fridge.

That not only seems to permit a larger hanging closet but also allows full rotation of the driver's seat and inclusion of a small flip down computer shelf.

(One of the few negatives we had about the Lexor TS was the extremely narrow
hanging closet - two thin jackets and that would be it!)

We missed out on the nice restaurant and bar that you mentioned - damn! Allw e say was a booth selling ice creams in winter! We stopped for a meal on the short journey home instead.

Brian.
<<B-Guy>> is offline   Reply With Quote