Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-14-2024, 01:59 PM   #1

Default Water Leaking from Left Rear Frame Rail

I'm sure this has been posted before but I have water leaking from INSIDE the frame rail near the left rear wheel/spare tire area, near the Alde system. I have reset the freeze protection valve 10 times probably whilst troubleshooting, as others have mentioned but anytime the cold water valve is opened and pump is on, I lose all fresh water through this leak. I have removed all the panels I can in the kitchen and left bed and it is dusty dry, even around the Alde tank. Also there are no lines or fittings leaking under the coach, just water pouring out of the frame rail.....I am at whit's end.

Does anyone have any additional suggestions?

2015 Roadtrek Adventurous CS/Alde 3010
jmnorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2024, 05:50 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Does your unit have a flat plate heat exchanger (continuous hot water module). Leak could be from there. The unit will have 4 fittings - cold water in, hot water out and coolant in and out.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Alde.jpg (127.3 KB, 10 views)
GeorgeRa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2024, 06:56 PM   #3

That's a great diagram I do have the hot water heater part of the ALDE its on my control panel and operates (never used the shower the unit is new to me).

Based on what I have found because of the location of the leak it seems to be the anti freeze valve but I have reset it numerous times. No issues unless the water pump is on then it just continuously leaks in front of the left rear tire
Old 03-14-2024, 07:33 PM   #4
Platinum Member

If it leaks only if only of water pump is on, I would fully trace the pressure side for water leak. If check valve is leaking water could leak out from shore water inlet, pending how your system is designed.

Another option is to drain all water, connect air pressure line <30 PSI, close all valves and listen for hissing sound. Once you get closer to the leak use soapy water to pinpoint the leak. You can use blow out gadget used for winterizing RVs - https://www.amazon.com/BingSnow-Wint...SABEgIa5fD_BwE
GeorgeRa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2024, 04:43 PM   #5

Default Winterize/dewinterize valves

Apologies if this is a repeat but have you verified all three Alde bypass valves (under the rear driver’s side bench) are correctly lined up. I have had frustration with these - all need to be pointed in the same direction. There are several drains, maybe these have become clogged? Check the manual for the winterize/dewinterizing info. Probably unrelated, but check the valve in the sliding door step (compartment to the rear of the step) for the correct position. You may need to trial and error with the valves (the sliding door valve may need to be between open and closed as I have experienced leaking water but not in the location you mentioned).
Alan19067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2024, 05:20 PM   #6

Thanks for the response. I have checked and rechecked all the valves inner the left rear bench and reset the frost valve. What you mention is interesting about the valve near the power step. When I fill up my fresh tank, 1/3 of the water is leaking up front too.