Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-30-2023, 12:46 PM   #1

Default Year model changes, which engine is best?

Is there a reference somewhere as to the year ranges for the different engine models and which is best? The newer V6 engines seem more desirable and better parts availability but I haven't seen a reference as to what year this upgraded engine was used.
wcpastures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2023, 09:34 PM   #2

Maybe it's too late for my answer, but I believe in general, the 2002-2005 Rialtas have the AXK engine (24 valve, 6 cylinder), the 1997-2001s have the AES engine (12 valve, 6 cylinder) and prior years have a 5 cylinder I believe. I own a 2003 Rialta which is based on a 2002 VW Eurovan - it has the AXK engine which has been great - very good gas mileage, pretty decent power, etc. You can find the exact information on the Rialta-tech email group (under groups.io - https://groups.io/g/Rialta-Tech). You will need to sign up and then search the messages and/or look at the resources before asking questions (or else you will be told to search for the answer).
stereorowe is offline   Reply With Quote