Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-25-2023, 04:00 PM   #1

Default Ram Tough Track Accessories

This may be an old subject, but, we are just coming into Travato ownership and value everyones opinion.

The Ram Tough Track rails inside came with 1 basket, what do you have in yours, did you add anything different, and where do you find funtional accessories. All I can find are cell phone holders etc and not really finding any storage or funtional items.

Appreciate any feedbacl/suggestions, would love to see what you did with yours, if you have them.

Safe Travels
HaveVanWillTravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2023, 05:57 PM   #2
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaveVanWillTravel View Post
This may be an old subject, but, we are just coming into Travato ownership and value everyones opinion.

The Ram Tough Track rails inside came with 1 basket, what do you have in yours, did you add anything different, and where do you find funtional accessories. All I can find are cell phone holders etc and not really finding any storage or funtional items.

Appreciate any feedbacl/suggestions, would love to see what you did with yours, if you have them.

Safe Travels
You might want to try an auto accessory holder attached on the back passenger seat. It worked well for use and easy to get things as you come in or go out. It does stick out a bit when you turn the seat but if you don't over stuff it then it does well. We also put a shoe holder mesh bag below the bed (twin) and kept shoes and sandals out of the way. I had to add a couple of holders that stick on, but the big items ended up on my attached back cargo carrier which folds up on the slider in the back. Great if you have pets. LOL. I hope this helps.
Beachlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2023, 03:20 AM   #3
Platinum Member

Quote:

Safe Travels
Try the ”Travato Owners and Wannabes “ group on Facebook. My travato is pre-RAM mounts, but lots of people on that group have, and use them.
Scottbaldassari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2023, 07:28 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottbaldassari View Post
Try the ”Travato Owners and Wannabes “ group on Facebook. My travato is pre-RAM mounts, but lots of people on that group have, and use them.
Thanks for the suggestion! The 'Travato Owners and Wannabes' group is a fantastic resource. It's amazing to see how innovative fellow owners can be with their setups. For those who are newer to the RAM mounts, it can be a goldmine of information. Do you have any other favorite similar groups? I am just now discovering these groups and I have learned so much from fellow RV enthusiasts!
Old 11-16-2023, 07:29 PM   #5

Quote:

Safe Travels
Hi there! Managing storage and functionality in a Travato can definitely be a fun challenge. I've personally found that custom solutions often work best, especially when you can modify or choose accessories that fit exactly what you need in your space. Have you considered looking into custom fabricators? Sometimes they offer unique solutions that are more tailored to specific models like the Travato, beyond the usual phone holders and generic accessories. It's all about finding those pieces that serve multiple purposes and fit just right.
Old 11-16-2023, 07:30 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachlife View Post
You might want to try an auto accessory holder attached on the back passenger seat. It worked well for use and easy to get things as you come in or go out. It does stick out a bit when you turn the seat but if you don't over stuff it then it does well. We also put a shoe holder mesh bag below the bed (twin) and kept shoes and sandals out of the way. I had to add a couple of holders that stick on, but the big items ended up on my attached back cargo carrier which folds up on the slider in the back. Great if you have pets. LOL. I hope this helps.
Great ideas! The back passenger seat can indeed be a handy spot for an accessory holder. It's all about that balance between accessibility and not overcrowding the space. The shoe holder mesh bag is a neat solution for keeping things organized and out of the way. And I can see how a back cargo carrier is indispensable for larger items, pets included! It's these creative solutions that really make the space your own.