Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-14-2020, 09:40 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Rhino Ramps

Greetings fellow rv maintenance men/women,

-------Edit: these ramps are not a good idea after all. Do not buy them. I hadnt read the reviews about them breaking.
Now Im eating crow but letting yall know.
The Mityvac brake bleeder is still a solid, shop quality tool-----------------------

I have gotten good use out of a recent purchase:

The Rhino Ramps Max ramps, rated to 12000 lbs. They have a few versions, make sure you get the 12000 lbs version. Each ramp supports 3000 lbs.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/RhinoGear...acity/19526658

I have a sloped driveway and use the ramps to get the van almost level when I service our '12 Roadtrek 190. The directions for the ramps say not to use them for leveling for some reason but I have been.
---Edit--not a good idea using these on a slope/learn from my mistake-----

The Rhino ramps worked great for removing my non functioning (surprise, surprise) onan generator. Rolled the rvs rear wheels onto the ramps and had plenty of room to work.

The Rt 190s are low so these ramps make oil changes more pleasant.

I recently bled and flushed the brake fluid. This is a one man job and can be done in under an hour with this Mityvac brake bleeder. I highly recommend this compressed air driven, shop quality tool:

https://www.amazon.com/Mityvac-MV683...=fsclp_pl_dp_3

Working on your on vehicle can be fun....and necessary since some shops dont want to mess with (or cant lift) a 1 ton van. The quality of rv shop work that Ive seen receipts from the PO on have been troubling so I will do as much as I can myself.

-------In my haste to ready my rv for a trip I didnt thoroughly research the ramps. Do not buy them-----

Eric
2014 Camry hybrid-soulless transport appliance
MagicBox is offline   Reply With Quote