Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-29-2020, 09:36 PM   #41
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peder_y2k View Post
Hey Booster, you said...

"but add to it that the dual rear wheels will also be a big downside for anything that would really be considered "offroad".

What's wrong with duallies offroad? I'd think that duallies would enhance traction with additional surface area? Army trucks had them for decades until tire improvements demonstrated single tire traction was equal, but those are Army truck tires.....
Not a great idea for complete off road as you get objects stuck between the ryres causing blowouts
RobRyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 09:45 PM   #42
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregmchugh View Post
EarthCruiser is doing a shower water recycling system for the EXP and FX, not sure if they will offer it on the other models or not.

At the moment, if we were going to downsize our expedition vehicle, I would probably go with the EarthCruiser FX on the Chevy (Isuzu) dual cab forward gasoline chassis that they are switching to next year now that Fuso is getting out of the NA market. Probably a year or more away when we decide to switch from full time RVing to part time...
Earthcruisers main manufacturing operation is in Australia, it supplies parts to the Oregon facility
There are NO Gas engined Fuso's outside NA.
Fuso has a similar range to Freightliner outside NA
Isuzu sinilarly has no Gas engined vehicles and like Fuso a range like Freightliner or Mack in the US. Japanese Diesels go to 485hp to 530hp in Isuzus case with their 15litre
Old 10-29-2020, 11:24 PM   #43

Absolutely LOVE this new vehicle! 4x4 would be fantastic!!
bbsusieq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 02:26 AM   #44
Bronze Member

You can compare the Australian website with the US One
https://earthcruiser.net.au
Old 10-30-2020, 03:54 AM   #45
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeRa View Post
George "Humble" has a talent to present his work, very entertaining. His video skills are impeccable, making his presentations very clear. I am not sure he is utilizing 80/20 aluminum framing to its full potential of high strength and low weight, but his woodworking skills are perfect.
George was a photographer and videographer before he retired and those skills shine thru on his YouTube videos for sure. Also, his son is a master carpenter and he is doing most of the woodwork in George's vans.
dhectorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 12:30 AM   #46
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeRa View Post
I would add to “Can’t afford it” can’t justify it. This decision depends on potential buyers’ objectives, some can some can’t, and some can’t effort it. Getting a heavily depreciating asset like for example an ARV would go against my financial principles and I am not even Irish.
Pretty much. Could I "afford" to buy an ARV? Yes. Can I justify it to myself in a way that would allow me to sleep at night after spending that much on an RV? No, not any more than I could justify the purchase of a Bowlus Road Chief, back when I was lusting after one of those to replace our Airstream trailer - before the Class B bug bit.
Rocinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 10:58 PM   #47
Platinum Member

Advanced RV B-box had story in RV Business. Interesting pricing data in story - median price of ARV at $380,000.

https://rvbusiness.com/advanced-rv-u...-of-b-box-van/
Old 11-02-2020, 11:15 PM   #48
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxster1971 View Post
Advanced RV B-box had story in RV Business. Interesting pricing data in story - median price of ARV at $380,000.

And the B-Box is priced in the same range as the Sprinter Class B RVs with that same median price...
gregmchugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 11:17 PM   #49
Platinum Member

Quote:

Sounds like I'd have to wait 30 year before buying one, that is unless one of you wants to give me about $350,000.
wny-pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 02:17 PM   #50
Platinum Member

Quote:

Not too long ago Mike at ARV was saying their builds started at around $225k so that's a helluva jump to $310k.
Old 11-03-2020, 02:22 PM   #51
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhectorg View Post
Not too long ago Mike at ARV was saying their builds started at around $225k so that's a helluva jump to $310k.
I expect buyers are going with all the options for their builds...
Old 11-03-2020, 02:30 PM   #52
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregmchugh View Post
I expect buyers are going with all the options for their builds...
It says that the median is $380K. That means that as many people spent more than that as spent less.
avanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 02:45 PM   #53
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by avanti View Post
It says that the median is $380K. That means that as many people spent more than that as spent less.
Just suggesting that the major factor in higher prices for ARVs is likely due to more available options with higher costs, content driven rather than profit driven...
Old 11-03-2020, 05:25 PM   #54
Platinum Member

ARV is a quality company but one that is, personally, just crazy off-the-scale pricewise. If I had $350K sitting around, I would not be enticed in the slightest to buy one. But I consider them useful, like NASA, in that their innovations may some day trickle down to rv's less than half the price. And I do appreciate their imported quiet a/c's, which seemed to have prompted mass market makers (long overdue), to finally bring out quieter units of their own.

As I previously stated, I mean no knock against those wanting the best and willing to pay for it.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 12:24 AM   #55
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowiebowie View Post
ARV is a quality company but one that is, personally, just crazy off-the-scale pricewise. If I had $350K sitting around, I would not be enticed in the slightest to buy one. But I consider them useful, like NASA, in that their innovations may some day trickle down to rv's less than half the price. And I do appreciate their imported quiet a/c's, which seemed to have prompted mass market makers (long overdue), to finally bring out quieter units of their own.

As I previously stated, I mean no knock against those wanting the best and willing to pay for it.
I think your expectation that the mainstream RV industry will ever utilize the same level of quality and attention to detail as ARV is very much unfounded. This is an industry that is known for embarrassingly low quality (with maybe 1 or 2 exceptions). If you want a top quality heirloom RV that will last for decades and work flawlessly, it's going to cost a lot. Maybe not $380k, but I suspect it's never going to be inexpensive to purchase such an RV.
Old 11-04-2020, 03:10 AM   #56
Platinum Member

The definition of quality is “to meet or exceed customer expectation” and from that perspective ARV products meet that definition for their niche market segment. I am not in that niche, my expectation is in relation to value, are well performing and delivered functionalities meeting my expectation of my cost limits, not from ARV.

Their business model niche is to build fully custom unit per customer, not much of one design is leveraged to another one, so each ARV unit price lugs the burden of practically full R&D cost. For comparison, about 60-80% of my DIY time was in design. I am sure ARV development cost is very high. With the strategy of unique build for every customer their cost costs are astronomical, like prototypes in typical business, I am not sure how sustainable is their business model so tightly linked to a tiny market segment.
GeorgeRa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 02:05 PM   #57
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowiebowie View Post

Quote:
I think your expectation that the mainstream RV industry will ever utilize the same level of quality and attention to detail as ARV is very much unfounded. This is an industry that is known for embarrassingly low quality (with maybe 1 or 2 exceptions). If you want a top quality heirloom RV that will last for decades and work flawlessly, it's going to cost a lot. Maybe not $380k, but I suspect it's never going to be inexpensive to purchase such an RV.
I did not say that I expected mainstream rv's to rise to the quality of ARV's. Merely that the development cost of advancements has to be funded somewhere before production price becomes affordable. Akin to the automotive industry where luxury brands pioneered safety and driving aids that have trickled down to mainstream brands. It took some years, but it happened.

I acknowledged my appreciation that ARV and it's customers are on the front line of this development.
Old 11-04-2020, 02:19 PM   #58
Platinum Member

Quote:
Very much like Foretravel of Texas in the Class A market!
wny-pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 01:04 PM   #59
Platinum Member

Article and video on the B Box from you know who...

https://rvlifestyle.com/b-box/?mc_ci...eid=7d2c754443
Old 11-14-2020, 01:47 PM   #60
Platinum Member

Wow, just wow! That price.

I had speculated in my mind just how much ARV would ask for it's new B-Box, and knowing it would be priced outrageously high, I was still low by $100K.

Tags
advanced rv b-box rv