Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-02-2023, 07:48 AM   #1

Post Lift Kit 5" Chevy Express 3500 Roadtrek 190 Popular

Our Chevy Express 3500 Roadtrek 190 Popular 2013 with sewage pipes 5 1/2 inches above the ground at its lowest point near center undercarriage. Looking at a 3" - 5" lift. 5" includes rear lift springs. Anyone do this yet, what worked and would do anything differently? Been watching Weldtech videos for a few years and they have done a few. We're finally retired and want to travel beaches and backroads for camping, boondocking and kayaking (pull a light trailer with kayaks and storage box).

2013 Roadtrek 190 Popular with a 2014 coach build
Living in AZ and WA State traveling the country and Canada

Here is what I am looking at now for 2013 CHEVY EXPRESS ROADTREK 190 Popular
Video

CHEVROLET EXPRESS/SAVANNA VAN 3" LIFT SPINDLE 2003-CURRENT 2500/3500.

FOX 2.0 SHOCK-CHEVROLET EXPRESS VAN 2WD (REAR)
FOX 2.0 SHOCK- CHEVROLET EXPRESS VAN 2WD (FRONT)

CHEVROLET EXPRESS ALUMINUM LEVELING SPACERS PULL IN PAIR 2 PCS MAKE 1 PAIR

WTD GM 2500/3500 LEAF SPRINGS 5500 REAR AXLE
WTD – CHEVROLET EXPRESS/GMC SAVANA 5" LIFT KIT W/ PROGRESSIVE LEAF SPRINGS

BFGOODRICH 265X75X16 KO2 A/T LOAD RANGE E 10PLY
SeaKykrRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2023, 01:24 PM   #2
Platinum Member

08 Chevy Express on a PleasureWay with about 4 1/2" due to a Black Tank pipe reroute. Not sure why you would do this. I've never bottomed out and it's been well over 5 years. KISS
ChicagoTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2023, 07:00 PM   #3

Default Scrape bottom in city and rural PNW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoTom View Post
08 Chevy Express on a PleasureWay with about 4 1/2" due to a Black Tank pipe reroute. Not sure why you would do this. I've never bottomed out and it's been well over 5 years. KISS
Lowest point is 5"... have scraped center and both ends... I travel some rough roads gingerly and even bottom out on city driveways. Pulling a kayak trailer and paddling shores, ocean, surf, some rivers, rural areas, mountains Pacific NW, Vancouver Island BC need to travel without fear a small pothole on a rainy day or rocks are not going to bust off water valve, sewer pipes and other things.
Old 09-09-2023, 01:12 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaKykrRT View Post
Lowest point is 5"... have scraped center and both ends... I travel some rough roads gingerly and even bottom out on city driveways. Pulling a kayak trailer and paddling shores, ocean, surf, some rivers, rural areas, mountains Pacific NW, Vancouver Island BC need to travel without fear a small pothole on a rainy day or rocks are not going to bust off water valve, sewer pipes and other things.
LOL Time for you to buy a different RV. These are not designed for your active lifestyle.
ChicagoTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2023, 03:50 PM   #5

We just bought a 2011 RoadTrek 210 Popular and like to Boondock. These are very low at 5" underneath for this type of camping.
I too have been watching WeldTec but live in Canada. I may go WeldTec if I don't find other options that are more affordable and closer to home! Please keep us posted if anyone has any "LIFT" recommendations! Thanks!
Jim M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2023, 03:17 AM   #6
Platinum Member

Here's my lift story from a few years ago on my 2012 Airstream Avenue Suite on a 2011 Chevy Express chassis. It is an extremely rare Airstream model they made for only a few years to compete with the Roadtrek 190 Popular. Interior is very similar, but sides are reversed with galley on passenger side and wet bath behind driver. Should relate directly to your chassis.

https://www.classbforum.com/forums/f...ory-11907.html
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2023, 04:56 PM   #7

Thanks for sharing.
Old 12-29-2023, 05:01 PM   #8

Thanks for sharing, what was your final decision? Im looking at Weldtec 5" Lift as well. I even had a shop rip off my sewer pipe on their drive on lift after a brake job! I don't want to go crazy but I do like to Boondock in Arizona etc. Lots of people have done the Weldtec Lifts - just wondering how happy they are afterwards? So far they seem to love the way it handles. Has anyone heard of a shop in Kamloops BC called Clydesdale Vans aka Sportsman Light Truck? They do 4x4 coversions and lifts too, wondering if they are good?
Thanks!
Old 02-07-2024, 10:42 PM   #9

Default Lift worth it... Travel anywhere now

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoTom View Post
LOL Time for you to buy a different RV. These are not designed for your active lifestyle.
Lift worth it... Travel anywhere now