Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-20-2023, 10:45 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default All around cameras (for parking and blind spots)

Yay! I finished my install of my 4-camera system, plus I added a 5th camera as a roof cam using an electrical relay and a momentary switch at the dashboard to activate it. I couldn’t be happier. I live in Los Angeles and sometimes have to park in tight spots. My wife (I love her to death) is not a very good parking assistant, haha! So, now she can just sit pretty while I park using only the cameras to judge everything from distance to curb, to red zones and low-hanging branches, etc.
I love this!

I’ll attach pics of the install. I picked up a generic junction box to hide all the connections and to house the relay. The picture quality and function are phenomenal and I do like having the blind spot cameras for added assurance while driving around the city. If one is so inclined, it's possible to wire the system to full-screen the blind-spot cameras with the turn signal activation, but I didn't feel this is necessary as the screen is quite large and the picture is very clear even when in split screen.

I do, however, have the roof cam go full screen when I activate it because branches are harder to see.
The Eyesore is online now   Reply With Quote