Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-27-2017, 08:50 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Cool Hondo's 2006 Roadtrek 210 Popular Build

Build & modification thread, 2006 Roadtrek 210 Popular

Roadtrek makes a fine Class B motorhome and I was in the market for one after selling The ADV Jamboree to a local inmate here in Colorado. While the Jamboree is a great machine I was looking for a more compact Class B and started looking at the Roadtrek 210 Popular models.

I wasn't interested in buying a new 210 Popular as they are $110K+ and wanted to keep my budget well below that. Ideally I was looking for a lightly used, low mileage example that had been babied. So on a Friday night I see a 2006 210 Popular listed in the Sacramento Craigslist with about 33,000 miles, 27 hours on the Onan genset and stored in a hanger.

A pic from the listing-

I called the seller and got the details-
  • Sold by a widow
  • Sitting for a few years
  • Original owner
  • 33K miles
  • stored in an aircraft hanger
  • great condition inside & out
We made a tentative deal over the phone after looking at my schedule - I knew that I could make the deal happen if I flew out Sunday, made the deal Monday and was home by Tuesday.

On Sunday morning I jumped on a jet to Sacramento & picked up a rental car. Then I drove about 30 minutes East to check into a hotel and from there I drove over to do the inspection.

It was in like new condition and I didn't see anything to cause alarm other than the tires were dated 2005 and they'd need to be replaced. We shook on the deal and then I was off to grab some dinner & to the hotel for the night.

I met the seller in the morning and we went to her bank to do the money transfer and the paperwork. From there we dropped off my rental and then back to pick the Roadtrek up and start driving east.

I stopped a few times-

Bridal Veil Falls on hwy 50-

Echo Pass/Summit California - yep it was snowing!

When I stopped in Carson City, Nevada I picked up (and installed) a Scanguage 2 - I like monitoring transmission temps as well as other parameters not on the instrument panel. Had to stop in Fallon, NV to get a pic of the A-7 on a stick-

Hondo is offline   Reply With Quote