Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-04-2019, 03:49 PM   #10
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxster1971 View Post
Good to know - I'll have a look at the SeaLand model. It probably uses pressurized water via your normal water pump. The SaniMarin model I mentioned in my first post has its own built in water pump.

Does your macerator toilet use a lot of water? From the other research I did it sounds like macerator toilets use more water than a standard RV toilet mounted on top of the Black tank.

I use very little water with my Interstate Dometic toilet.
I have no experience with a gravity rv toilet to compare the macerator toilet to, but it doesn't use much water. Just a little "swoosh" sound when flushing. The water use is dependent upon how much you fill the tank and how long you hold down the flush (just like any toilet?). So the difference is whether your using it for #1 or #2.

It works well and is probably only necessary in our model because AS did a floorplan change for the Suite model and didn't relocate the black tank, so this moves things a few feet over where it needs to go.

One thing I worry about is how long the macerator will last and how difficult and expensive it is to replace. It seems the rubber impeller in outside macerators has a shelf like of about 5 years. I replaced mine at at my outside dump five years old as it was out when I purchsed in '2017. An easy job compared to the toilet which is still on it's original macerator and working fine, so far.

EDIT: Just remember a macerator toilet requires wiring and installation of wall controls which include a tie-in to the black tank sensor. I assume you do not want to operate a macerator toilet with a full tank as there could be blow-back.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote