Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-23-2022, 05:39 PM   #21

My sincere apologies for not responding sooner…. life sort of got in the way.

I did post pics on this thread, but somehow they’ve been removed. No idea why. Perhaps a technical glitch? A moderator found them unsuitable? No idea. I will try again to post a few pics with this post.

I do know that the windows are removed from outside the van, but access to the screws that hold the clamp ring in place are inside. I had already removed nearly everything from the Roadtrek’s interior before I removed the kitchen window. So, upon thinking about the process, I really can’t see how one would get access to the screws without removing the sink / galley counter. As the bottom portion of the window serves as a vent for the fridge, I’d assume the fridge would have to come out as well to get access, but I’m not certain on that. I don’t remember the fridge being attached to the window, but I think there was sheetmetal that served as ducting going from the fridge to the bottom of the window/vent. It’s been 2 years, so I’m not 100% certain on that.

Again, I do apologize that I can’t be more helpful. I just went nuts and tore the whole thing apart when I saw the bit of rust, the old fiberglass batting insulating the walls, etc. Still not done with the rebuild, but hope to be by this summer.

BSB100022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 10:37 PM   #22
Platinum Member

BSB100022 - Thanks! The pictures and your explanation were very helpful!
RT-NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 03:30 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckRV View Post
We have a 1997 RT190 popular which we just bought from the original owner. She took immaculate care of the inside but the outside not so much. She spent a lot of time on the coast and now we have some rust issues that I need to address under the window frames and the same on the window/fridge vent. I can easily remove the windows to get to the rust under the frame but how do you remove the upper fridge vent that is part of the window I can only think you have to remove the fridge.
Is there an easier way?
Hi CanuckRV, I was wondering how you did remove the back side Cranck windows in your Roadtrek? Did you have to remove the wall panel to get access to the screws around the windows or you had direct access just by removing the rubber trim around? It seems that with mine I would have to remove the wall panel because the screws are behind it even if I check behind that rubber trim around both windows 🤔
lahjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 03:40 AM   #24

Quote:
We have a 1997 RT190 popular which we just bought from the original owner. She took immaculate care of the inside but the outside not so much. She spent a lot of time on the coast and now we have some rust issues that I need to address under the window frames and the same on the window/fridge vent. I can easily remove the windows to get to the rust under the frame but how do you remove the upper fridge vent that is part of the window I can only think you have to remove the fridge.
Is there an easier way?
Hi CanuckRV, I was wondering how to remove these 2 Cranck side windows in the back? Do you have to remove the wall panel to get access to the screws around the windows or you just had to remove that rubber trim around windows to get access to the screws (I’m only talking about the 2 back side windows here, not the fridge window) in my Roadtrek the screws seems to be behind the wall panel, I can’t see all of them even with the rubber trim removed.
Thanks for your help with the proper procedure
Old 04-06-2022, 11:05 AM   #25
Gold Member

Sorry I can't help I did not remove the back windows but will take a look at them.
Old 04-06-2022, 11:34 AM   #26
Gold Member

Just took a look you would have to take the wall pannel off but you probably should anyway if you were trying to fix rust. It looks easy to do.
Old 04-06-2022, 01:31 PM   #27

Quote:
Just took a look you would have to take the wall pannel off but you probably should anyway if you were trying to fix rust. It looks easy to do.
Thanks a lot for your help �� yeah that’s what I thought to by looking at it ��