[quote="Vicbowling"]I'm not sure if drying with bleach is really a good idea...?~ It doesn't really sound all that safe. I mean, wouldn't that be the equivalent of washing your dishes with Fantastic spray or Windex. I think I'll take my chances with a towel. >>>
If the dishwasher breaks down in a restaurant, that is the way the health dept. says to do it.
Like I said, rinsing them again with hot water makes them dry quicker. It doesn't have to be a bowlful, just a squirt bottle will do.
Swimming pools and lots of drinking water contain bleach to kill the germs, and you aren't going to be drinking your rinse water. http://www.bt.cdc.gov/disasters/bleach.asp
We are only talking about a tablespoon or so for rinsing dishes. Once bleach has been used, it turns into salt anyway, that is why it won't hurt your plants or the toilet gaskets if you want to re-use the water for flushing.
Most Fantastic/Windex products are made with ammonia, not bleach.
Dish towels are not allowed in fast food, hosptitals, dental clinics, restaurants etc., and the tables have to be wiped down with bleach water, so you aren't going to be able to avoid it.