Old 08-16-2019, 03:59 AM   #1
Bronze Member

Default 2016 Travato 59G House Battery Replacement

Q1. I may need new house batteries for 2016 59G. Other than removing batteries and taking them to store for testing, what is best way to test while still mounted under the 59G?
Q2. If need new house batteries, is it best to replace with identical NAPA batteries or are there better alternatives?

AreCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 07:51 PM   #2
Platinum Member

q2
Quote:
Originally Posted by AreCF View Post
Q1. I may need new house batteries for 2016 59G. Other than removing batteries and taking them to store for testing, what is best way to test while still mounted under the 59G?
Q2. If need new house batteries, is it best to replace with identical NAPA batteries or are there better alternatives?
Q2. NAPA doesn't manufacture batteries. They are made by Deka or Exide. A cost effective alternative is a Costco Interstate AGM battery. Their warranty is valid at any Costco in the country.

cruising7388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 10:19 PM   #3
Site Team

I have found NAPA to be a decent place to buy decent DECA AGMs (branded NAPA as per above). Very handy and the warranty is good at any NAPA in the country. There is no need to stick with NAPA, but they are a good choice, In my experience.
Old 08-17-2019, 04:33 AM   #4
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruising7388 View Post
q2

Q2. NAPA doesn't manufacture batteries. They are made by Deka or Exide. A cost effective alternative is a Costco Interstate AGM battery. Their warranty is valid at any Costco in the country.
Thank you for the suggestion, however, turns out that I was at Costco today. The folks in the tire and battery department told me that Costco does not sell AGM batteries. I'm likely to purchase Duracell house batteries from either Sam's Club (less expensive but only 18 month full replacement warranty) or Batteries Plus (30 month full replacement warranty and far more stores across the U.S.) The NAPA batteries are considerably more expensive, approaching the cost of Lifeline AGM batteries, and have only a 12 month pro-rated replacement warranty.
AreCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 05:44 AM   #5
Platinum Member

Have you check Fullriver batteries, my experience with them is excellent for the last six years. https://www.fullriverbattery.com/dc-series-batteries/
GeorgeRa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:06 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by AreCF View Post
Thank you for the suggestion, however, turns out that I was at Costco today. The folks in the tire and battery department told me that Costco does not sell AGM batteries. I'm likely to purchase Duracell house batteries from either Sam's Club (less expensive but only 18 month full replacement warranty) or Batteries Plus (30 month full replacement warranty and far more stores across the U.S.) The NAPA batteries are considerably more expensive, approaching the cost of Lifeline AGM batteries, and have only a 12 month pro-rated replacement warranty.
I saw AGM battery at my Local Costco this week (Kingston Ont) and it appears that Costco has AGM (group 24) on the Costco.ca website: https://www.costco.ca/Energizer-24F-...100404760.html

habsfan59 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
59g, house battery agm, travato