Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-04-2024, 10:50 AM   #1

Default Class B Travato 59K Truma problems 2020

Last year while in Venice Florida I bought a used Winnebago Travato 59K 2020. Only had 14K miles Very happy with the unit except constant trouble with the Truma system. In order to makeit work I always have to pull the push button knob out a little so that when pushed in it clicks and also activates what I am trying to turn on. Then I ask for heat and itdoes not come on untill I do a reset! Then it works at least the heat will come on.
The next problem is asking for hot water. The only time I can get hot water is for requesting "Boost" Eco or Hot does notlet the unit make Hot water.
I know thisis not how it should work and I am not getting anywhere with Truma nor Winnebago.
Anybody have the proper ohone numbers to call for both companies so I can get some help? Sure would appreciate it Email me the links if you can
vagabondslr42@aol.com
Thanks Jim H
manofsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2024, 02:14 PM   #2
Platinum Member

The Truma knob/button LCD displays are finicky. Mine was sticky, which made it unreliable.

It sounds like you have an issue with the heating elements. Does it work on propane?

Are you getting any error codes?

FWIW - I've had good luck simply contacting Truma USA via either phone or the web form. In both of the cases that I opened with them, they were very responsive, even spending hours on the phone helping me troubleshoot.

https://www.truma.com/us/

If you are OK with driving to N. Indiana, Truma will service the unit in their shop.

--Mike
Old 01-11-2024, 12:40 PM   #3

After spending almost a 100k on this van , now I probably have to spend another 2k for repairs of the truma and whatever else related to it. I think it should be under a recall by Truma for it only had 12k miles on it at time of purchase. What do all think?
manofsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2024, 05:51 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to bobojay

If you bought from a dealer there should be a recourse with them, if not you will have to figure this out with help from here or Truma.
This kinda sounds like maybe a sticky control knob and lack of proper knowledge of how it works.
Don't expect much if any hot water if using the electric side of the unit. The propane side is the heat producer, the electric should be considered supplemental to the propane.
Are you getting any error codes? What modes are you in when trying to get heat and water?
The suggestion of contacting Truma directly is correct for any customer service and repair, not a dealer.
Welcome to the RV world...

Past RV's: 2013 WGO ERA 70A, Chevy PW Lexor
Itasca Navion, 29' Jayco 5th Wheel
bobojay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2024, 08:57 PM   #5

I had a similar button sticking problem with my Truma system. Then the unit stopped working on propane. I took it the Truma center in central Florida and it turned out that the propane regulator on the tank was bad and the gas pressure to the Truma was not high enough for it to work. They replaced the regulator and the Truma worked fine. I told them about the button sticking and having to reset it to get it to work. When they took the unit apart they found that it was not put together/installed correctly and a screw underneath the button had backed partially out and was preventing the button from depressing all the way. They fixed the screw and it has worked beautifully ever since. They only charged me to replace the propane regulator.
Oneilkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2024, 01:04 PM   #6
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by manofsteel View Post
After spending almost a 100k on this van , now I probably have to spend another 2k for repairs of the truma and whatever else related to it. I think it should be under a recall by Truma for it only had 12k miles on it at time of purchase. What do all think?
Most people find the Truma Combi one of the most dependable and quality-built components of their rig. That said, I have heard of the screw issue behind the button (as mentioned above), so I would check that first. A sticky button in your rig does not sound like it is worthy of a recall of thousands (tens of thousands?) of furnace/water heater units to me.
Scottbaldassari is offline   Reply With Quote