Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-26-2020, 05:53 PM   #1

Default Thor Sequence 20k Bed

I can't find any information or images of the Sequence 20k with the bed made up.
Does anyone have one, or pictures? It would be nice to see how it looks made up for sleeping and what the actual bed dimensions are.

Thanks!
Excelwpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 11:47 PM   #2
Platinum Member

In this Thor video, they come tantilizingly close to deploying the bed at the 6:30 mark. Alas, they stop with only 1/2 deployed, but it gives you some idea.

Someone speculated 74" length. Looks shorter, but if true, I'd be very interested in this Sequence if I were to purchase a new b.

rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 12:09 AM   #3
Platinum Member

I have limited patience for shaking videos, they should be able to afford a pro cameraman. Based on this ½ way deployed bed I can imagine that a fully deployed one would prevent any traffic from front to back. Seems as a good layout for one person but for two an L layout would be my choice.
GeorgeRa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 12:17 AM   #4
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeRa View Post
I have limited patience for shaking videos, they should be able to afford a pro cameraman. Based on this ½ way deployed bed I can imagine that a fully deployed one would prevent any traffic from front to back. Seems as a good layout for one person but for two an L layout would be my choice.

Or a variation of the "L" shape. In a lot of the rear sleepers many of us have used the idea of leaving a notch where the aisle is under the bed to get out easier. Feet go further, but head has more room where you need it. A front sleeper could do similar with a notch, or maybe even a "V" is the hardware could be made easy to do. Beds don't need to have 4 straight edges.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 12:19 AM   #5
Bud
Platinum Member

Quote:
Why a need to go to the front? Surely your ug starts on it's own?

Bud
Bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 01:14 AM   #6
Platinum Member

In our layout we often have the bed set and still use front seats for watching TV or doing some work on PC. Our layout allows access to cabinets, to galley except the pantry which was the design tradeoff.

Mine is a completely different layout but functionalities of front seats would be similar in all B-vans.
Attached Images
File Type: png Untitled.png (126.8 KB, 45 views)
GeorgeRa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 03:31 AM   #7
Platinum Member

Quote:
I agree George. The Thor guys that do their own videos are the worst. Don't spend much time watching their other videos unless you like wind noise, long pauses at the beginning for no reason, and general amateurish work.

I tolerate them only because there's not much else out there for the Sequence yet.
Old 01-27-2020, 11:38 AM   #8
Bud
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowiebowie View Post
I agree George. The Thor guys that do their own videos are the worst. Don't spend much time watching their other videos unless you like wind noise, long pauses at the beginning for no reason, and general amateurish work.

I tolerate them only because there's not much else out there for the Sequence yet.

I suppose an ambassador is needed? Wonder how much one costs?
Bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 05:03 PM   #9
Bronze Member

I'm also trying to get in details update inf. on Sequence 20k but not yet get update from any source!
Jill Ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 08:01 PM   #10

Hello - we are new here. We just purchased a 20K and will pick it up this coming week. If you have questions about measurements or operation, let us know and we will try to answer as best we can. We are hoping for other owners that can help us with problems as they arise and trade useful information.
Richard
c0wb0y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 09:01 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0wb0y View Post
Hello - we are new here. We just purchased a 20K and will pick it up this coming week. If you have questions about measurements or operation, let us know and we will try to answer as best we can. We are hoping for other owners that can help us with problems as they arise and trade useful information.
Richard
Thank you!

I would love a picture of the bed fully extended out for "sleep mode". If you can take a pic from the bathroom facing the front, that would be great.
The exact measurements of the bed while fully made up would also be great!
- Mattress thickness would be a bonus!
Old 02-16-2020, 04:32 PM   #12
Silver Member

Another question: how high off the floor is the couch when in seating mode? The beds are too high on the 20L for one's feet to comfortably touch the floor. Also, how comfortable is the couch for sitting and lounging?
mtmdatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 09:56 PM   #13
Gold Member

I didn't measure the Sequence 20K but I'd guess that it's the same as the 20L, which I measured at 24" floor to top of the cushion. The 20L was better than the Travato K (26"), but still not comfortable to sit on.

That said, my wife and her friend sat awhile cooling off in the 20K at the Tampa show and they seemed comfortable enough. So perhaps it's lower.
Old 02-20-2020, 04:22 PM   #14
Platinum Member

The 20K bed is 74" X 59" That's 6" shorter than a queen which is 80" X 60".
W9TR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 05:17 PM   #15
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by W9TR View Post
Thanks for the bed info. I need a 76" length bed in my van due to the solid "headboard/footboard" also called the rear doors and wardrobe.

But with the openess at each end of the "hallway" side of the 20K bed, the lenght would probably be doeable for me and the width is plenty for two.

Definitely would consider if and when I go looking for a new van.
Old 02-20-2020, 05:21 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by W9TR View Post
Source?
Do you own one?

I haven't been able to find any literature that show the bed size

Thanks
Old 02-20-2020, 05:30 PM   #17
Gold Member

I have not seen it in literature but I found this post that says the same: https://www.classbforum.com/forums/f...tml#post104000
Old 02-22-2020, 01:21 AM   #18

I just brought our new 20K home yesterday. Nice RV (although I am disappointed in the quality of the workmanship). As to the bed, it is slightly larger than 59" wide and 74" long. I am 6' tall and have extra room while using the supplied pillows at the head end. The bed is situated just behind the cab seats and under the two side windows - it appears to be a great design. I took a few pictures to fulfill that request, but this site will not allow me to simply upload them as part of this answer (apparently, I need to set up an account somewhere, upload there, then supply the URL for that upload... wow.)
c0wb0y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 02:07 AM   #19
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0wb0y View Post
I just brought our new 20K home yesterday. Nice RV (although I am disappointed in the quality of the workmanship). As to the bed, it is slightly larger than 59" wide and 74" long. I am 6' tall and have extra room while using the supplied pillows at the head end. The bed is situated just behind the cab seats and under the two side windows - it appears to be a great design. I took a few pictures to fulfill that request, but this site will not allow me to simply upload them as part of this answer (apparently, I need to set up an account somewhere, upload there, then supply the URL for that upload... wow.)

Welcome to the forum c0wb0y and congrats on your Sequence 20K!

It is posible to upload pictures straight from the files on your pc. Below the reply box is a section titled "Additional Options". Under that is a "Manage Attachments" box that when clicked opens a pop up window for you to browse and attach picture files. Be aware that some pics (most often those taken from a cell phone) post sideways, even if orientation looks right on your computer. The way I found to stop this is to reduce the file size below one MB.

Good luck and keep us informed on your travels and the good & bad features of your new rig.
Old 02-22-2020, 02:25 AM   #20
Platinum Member

What rowiebowie said. I believe you have to be using "post reply" and not "quick reply". But under the post you are typing there is a category called "Additional Options." Under that a subcategory called "manage options." by clicking on that a box will open allowing you to upload an attachment by browsing your computer. Once you do that, in the reply that you're typing there is a paperclip icon at the very top header that allows you to insert the file that you uploaded.
GallenH is offline   Reply With Quote