Old 02-22-2016, 06:33 PM   #171

Hello,
We are Ron & Sue, two old retired teachers.
We just bought a 1995 Coachman Family Van with 85,000 miles on it. It is our first motorhome, but not our first RV. We own a 1968 Airstream trailer that we have not used for more than a storage unit for years.

This spring we plan to make our Coachman's maiden voyage from Arizona to Iowa, then to the Black Hills in S. Dakota, proceed to Glacier National Park in Montana, then on to Spokane Washington, & back home through either California or Nevada.

We did not receive any owner's manuals with our Class B, and are a bit in the dark about procedures, etc. Any Help on this, from other members would be greatly appreciated.
Ron & Sue

95FamilyVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 11:54 PM   #172
Platinum Member

I noticed that Coachmen has their owners manual online, but don't show any for their camper vans.
Coachmen RV - Manufacturer of Travel Trailers - Fifth Wheels - Tent Campers - Motorhomes

The systems in their 1995 clas C and truck camper models are likely similar to the ones in your van. You might try contacting Coachmen and ask why they don't have camper van owners manuals online like all their other models.

Old 02-25-2016, 02:47 AM   #173

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxster1971 View Post
I noticed that Coachmen has their owners manual online, but don't show any for their camper vans.
Coachmen RV - Manufacturer of Travel Trailers - Fifth Wheels - Tent Campers - Motorhomes

The systems in their 1995 clas C and truck camper models are likely similar to the ones in your van. You might try contacting Coachmen and ask why they don't have camper van owners manuals online like all their other models.
Thanks boxster,
We did call Coachman & they had no answer, but promised to search the archives & get back to us.
I have downloaded several manuals & think that I have been able to piece together an idea of the equipment in our Class B, using a little bit from each of these manuals.
Ron & Sue
95FamilyVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 02:48 PM   #174
Bronze Member

Default Hello from West Central Florida!

My wife and I have been camping and hiking for years, the last six or so with a 19 foot travel trailer. Recently we found a 95 Roadtrek 190 Versatile on the Chevy chassis in great shape and a deal we couldn't pass up. Been on a few trips around our home state of Florida so far and it has been a champ. Needs a few odds and ends but nothing major so far. The only large problem has been that the original owner rarely ran the generator as it only had 54 hours on it and the fuel system was all gummed up. The generator is currently out of the van getting a new fuel pump and carburetor along with general maintenance.

Our first trip took us to the Gamble Rogers Memorial State Recreation Area at Flagler Beach and we were hooked after that. Heading to Apalachicola next to eat oysters and boondock in the National Forest. Our dog, Bella, loves the camping and traveling in the Roadtrek.

-Frank
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Gamble Rogers Camping December 2015.jpg (384.6 KB, 2 views)
fwdanielson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 02:54 PM   #175

Hi Frank,
We just got back from Apalachicola! Boondocked at a public parking lot in town so that we could enjoy an evening at the Bowery Station...lots of fun!
Garnet
gmcbride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 03:11 PM   #176

Default Wary Roadtrekker here

Hi my name is Catherine. Never thought I would ever be out on the road, but here we are...Currently, my husband, Gerard, dog and cat are on a two month trip around Florida. We are both retired. Pretty much newbies to Rving and we have had all our trials by fire. We graduated after 1 year of a brand spankin' new 2014 hybrid trailer that had it's siding flying off 105 miles from nowhere in New Mexico to a 2015 Roadtrek Zion that had to be flatbedded back to the dealer after driving it 14 miles off the lot. We are on our 2nd Zion as Roadtrek had to come and pick up the 2015 after 1200 miles of failures and they delivered the 2016 to us in Duluth, MN. We are still working out the bugs on the 2016. Oh, do I have the stories to tell. I am bound and determined to get this RVing thing down. Cause I do love being out on the road... hubby not so much.
We are in the process of selling our Duluth, Minnesota home and have a condo on a lake in Cape Coral, Florida. I needed a way to travel with the dog to get back to see all my g-babies in Minnesota and escape Florida's summer heat.
Looking forward to learning lots from all of you.
ZiOsmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 05:05 PM   #177
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiOsmobile View Post
Hi my name is Catherine. Never thought I would ever be out on the road, but here we are...Currently, my husband, Gerard, dog and cat are on a two month trip around Florida. We are both retired. Pretty much newbies to Rving and we have had all our trials by fire. We graduated after 1 year of a brand spankin' new 2014 hybrid trailer that had it's siding flying off 105 miles from nowhere in New Mexico to a 2015 Roadtrek Zion that had to be flatbedded back to the dealer after driving it 14 miles off the lot. We are on our 2nd Zion as Roadtrek had to come and pick up the 2015 after 1200 miles of failures and they delivered the 2016 to us in Duluth, MN. We are still working out the bugs on the 2016. Oh, do I have the stories to tell. I am bound and determined to get this RVing thing down. Cause I do love being out on the road... hubby not so much.
We are in the process of selling our Duluth, Minnesota home and have a condo on a lake in Cape Coral, Florida. I needed a way to travel with the dog to get back to see all my g-babies in Minnesota and escape Florida's summer heat.
Looking forward to learning lots from all of you.
If you are not already a member of the Roadtrek Owners Group on Facebook consider joining. Several new Zion owners are there sharing their experiences...
gregmchugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 05:20 PM   #178

thanx Greg... i will do that!
ZiOsmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 05:26 PM   #179
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiOsmobile View Post
thanx Greg... i will do that!
It can sometimes take a day or two for the membership request to be approved but usually no longer...
gregmchugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 07:32 PM   #180

Thanks for adding me. Hubby Mike live in Eastport, Maine USA. We have a 1988 Ford Dearborn coachman camper van. We have been many, many miles seeing the U.S. and Canada. Looking forward to seeing more.

downeastwaves is offline   Reply With Quote