Old 12-21-2006, 06:34 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Introduce Yourself

What type of Van do you have? Where are you from? Are you looking into getting a Class B RV? How long have you been RVing?

You can Introduce Yourself here.

Old 12-24-2006, 03:46 AM   #2
Bronze Member

Hi! I own a 2005 Gulfstream Vista Cruiser (since October) and have done some Van Camping for the past 6 years. My family and I travelled cross county for five weeks (from Cazenovia, NY to California). I will be retiring from teaching in June and plan to travel to California this summer (taking our daughter to college) then return to NY by way of Route 66 to Oklahoma then home. I have driven the VC MB on several short trips this fall and did get 22-23 mpg. I have alot to learn about all the equipment in the Van and want to thank you and all your forum members for all the helpful information. RV.net, Gulfstream and Classbforum have suppied many answers for my many questions. Thanks again and Merry Christmas to all!

Bruce Campbell (brucec315@gmail.com)

Old 12-24-2006, 04:54 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Thanks for getting this thread going Bruce.

My wife and I were out for a walk one day and saw a Roadtrek parked at the curb. I thought it was great looking van. I remembered the name later and looked it up on the web. I was amazed to find out it had a shower etc. That started our interest in Class B RV's.

Like Bruce, I find forums to be a fantastic source of information. I spent hours searching and reading posts on the Roadtrek Yahoo Group and RV.net before purchasing my van.

I remember feeling overwhelmed by all of the equipment and processes involved in care and use of an RV although the first trip went well. It probably took me a year to really understand it all.
Old 12-25-2006, 03:18 AM   #4
Bronze Member

Hi guys,

I'm from Quebec City and have been driving a 1998 Roadtrek Versatile 200 for four years now. It only had 30 000 miles and an extended guaranty. I added an Onan 2800 generator and made a couple a changes you can see at http://www3.sympatico.ca/danielle_pa...k_pictures.htm. The latest mod was a rear video camera just to be safer.

I'm retired since last July (my wife is still working) and enjoy it. I've worked for the Government of Quebec for the past 35 years quite close to the political inner loops. At 58, I still feel in perfect shape and plan to travel more than I did in the past. We travel in our RT on the East coast of Canada and the USA.

Somewhere around the beginning of February 07, I'll be leaving for the south of the USA in my RT and our Lhassa Apso. I expect spending 2 months down there working on 2 book projects (one in English and the other in French). If I stay here, I'll only be working on the house.

After that, I'll be crossing the USA and catch up with my DW in Puerto Vallarte for a month (end of April). Our son works there and his wife is expecting a baby. We'll lend a hand. She will fly back to Quebec while I'll be again crossing the USA and head back home.
Old 12-26-2006, 05:23 AM   #5

Hi folks,

I'm live in Miami, FL half time, and Prudhoe Bay, Alaska the other half. I work a two weeks on, two weeks off schedule in the oilfield. My dream is to sell the house, get a B van, and travel the country, especially out west, with my hang glider on my time off.

I don't have my moho yet. But like marcopolo did, I've been doing a lot of research, and the B is definately for me. I really like the RT 190P and the SS Agile, but leaning toward the Agile. I'll have my house on the market by the end of Feb. Once it sells, I'll get my van! Maybe before if I can get the loan.

Hope to meet you on the road.

Bill
wilburleft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 05:09 PM   #6
Bronze Member

Hi everybody,
I live in western Michigan and have been rv-n on and off since high school when I converted a 1949 Dodge school bus into my first rv. Since then I have owned a Class A, a class C, a truck camper and now a class B 92 Roadtrek Independent. Each rv I've owned served its purpose for the needs at that time but I've never enjoyed any rv as much as this Roadtrek. We have never been "campers" per se but mainly 'tourers' and now being empty nesters this "B" fits our lifestyle perfectly. Being self employed (builder, developer, Realtor) in my first career, it was hard to schedule vacations. (Being my own boss made me a bugger to work for) Now in my second part time career (Township building and zoning administrator) I have a little more time for this. This "B" is always ready to go on quick overnighters or 2-3 day weekends even when winterized. I love puttering in my shop and owning an older model rv makes me more likely to try renovations and improvements than with a new rv. Thank you Markopolo for starting this site.
Rv-n-agin
Old 12-27-2006, 11:32 PM   #7
Platinum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to julievojo

Chino and Julie here, from Pine Island MN. We've had our B for 2 1/2 years. It's our first RV - although Chino travelled all over Mexico in an RV with a band back in the 80's. (Not sure that I believe ALL his stories however....)

We have the Pleasureway Plateau. We bought it new and have put about 55,000 miles on it. We are also "travelers", rarely staying more than one night at any location. This makes the B perfect for the 2 of us. Since the kids have grown up and moved out on their own, there are more tents or sleeping on the ground for us! We especially like to travel out toward the Pacific Northwest coastal areas, in addition to the 4Corners area.

We have met some great people through these RV forums!

We're both photography nuts, so photos of our travels are online. If anyone would like to have the link, please send me a PM and I'll send you the URL.

Happy New Year and Happy Travels to all!
Old 01-24-2007, 03:11 AM   #8

Default Who am I?

My name is Stu. I live with my wife and dog in Arlington, VA. We have a 1991 VW Westy which we love. MS MAGIC took us x-country and back in 2001 about 10000 miles. Great time However it is time to upgrade. We will be moving to Colorado in order to see more of the western U.S. We are currently looking at the Road Treks, primarily because that is all we've seen in person. We like the 190 popular...seems like the right size.

We both love Jimmy Buffett...I'm also a deadhead. Hope to meet you on the road soon.

--peace--
stu
sschwartzos2bbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 07:04 AM   #9
Bronze Member

I guess we never really introduced ourselves.

We are Jerry, Roberta, and Bandit(our dog), we live in Dewey Arizona, at 4700 feet.

We have been Rvers since 1964 and probably have had one or 2 of every kind of RV.

We really like our Pleasureway-TS, it came fullly loaded, and we have made a few modifications. They include an automatic Kingdome Satellite System, an Air Lift SureSet system for inflating the air bags, and maintaining pressure, a Hunter digital thermostat with remote control. We also installed 2 additional Interstate Group 24 AGM batteries with cutoff switch.

We did our maiden voyage at Quartzsite Arizona, in the desert, over new years with friends, the Pleasureway performed great.

We are planning a trip to Alaska this spring or early summer.

Our next two purchases will be a Steer-Safe from Campingworld this Saturday, and a Stowaway2 or Rola trunk.

jerrygaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 03:46 PM   #10
Silver Member

Hi all
I retired for the last time almost two years ago, and my wife and I purchased a 2006 Roadtrek 190 Versatile. We have had a blast with it so far after our 1st year of ownership. In a few weeks now we are planning to begin our 2007 season with a trip to Florida. We live in Ohio, but our home is on the market, and we plan to become residents of Virginia when the house sells. My wife still works, but she plans to change that after the house sells also. We hope to have as much fun with the RT this year as we did last. It has been one of the best investments we ever made. We really enjoy having quality time together, and the RT makes it so much easier and better. Happy traveling to all, and who knows when we might run in to some of you out there some where. God Bless
Steve & Chris

FMCA #376666
Barman is offline   Reply With Quote