Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-31-2018, 01:55 PM   #41
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35603 View Post
The Winnebago Revel meets all your must have criteria. Also no propane. But it is a Sprinter with a cassette toilet......
Yes, and thank you for mentioning it. I've definitely looked at it. But the idea that you have to empty and tear apart your closet in order to use the toilet seems absurd to me. (I also wish they hadn't omitted a microwave.)
rothskeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 06:16 PM   #42
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rothskeller View Post
……………………………….Well, what I like is that it is literally the only production camper van I have found that meets all of my must-have criteria: 20 feet length or less, a compressor fridge (rather than absorption, ugh), and a bed that I can leave permanently made rather than having to tear it down each day in order to eat or work at the table....
Compressor fridge is easy to get. But 20’ max length and permanent bed, almost a design contradiction unless sleeping across. I designed mine in 2013, Sprinter was the only choice for a tall van. Sofa bed, rock and roll like, was a choice – no permanent bed, and no inside shower. Our musts were openness (no tall structures) and 360 windows settings. We didn’t want to feel as being packed like sardines in our van.

So, for us the swivel front seats and sofa bed combination works great.

On the road – sofa with quick table and good access to the galley is great for a meal, I am 6’2” but can still take a nap on the sofa with my head on a pillow over the cabinets, even easier for my wife.

On a campsite daytime – great sitting on the sofa or swivel chairs, rear table, front table (almost done), in our case the front passenger seat has a potoman.

On campsite nighttime – comfy bed, great sitting on the rotated chairs for doing things before bedtime including watching a movie.
GeorgeRa is offline   Reply With Quote