Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 10-11-2018, 02:56 PM   #1
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 2
Default bunk beds

My wife and I are recently retired and want to travel. Our search for an RV has evolved from looking at slide-ins, class B and B+, then class C, and now we're back to the Bs. Travelling light seems more practical, as long as we can haul bikes. The Travato is our current favorite, especially the 59K.
My question: are bunk beds available on any class B? Seems like a way to free up a lot of room.
Thanks for anyone's help.
Rob
__________________

robmerrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 05:50 PM   #2
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 172
Default

Safari Condo has an XL Flex model with with elevating rear bed that provides inside storage for bikes and other gear underneath. It uses the same 21ft Promaster chassis as Winnebago's Travato.

https://safaricondo.com/en/motorises...-xl21-xl-flex/

The XL Flex has a larger bed and gear storage but smaller bathroom compared to the Travato.

Forum member AlexJ has an XL Flex with a sliding storage tray for up to four bikes. Perhaps he can post additional details and pics.
__________________

rockymtnb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 02:14 AM   #3
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 2
Default

Thanks very much for the information.
RM
robmerrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 10:05 AM   #4
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: China
Posts: 86
Default

Just now I searched the keywords "RVs with bunk beds" in the search engine Google, I have found some RVs with the Bunk beds as follows, hope can be helpful!
https://www.rvingplanet.com/blog/top...-for-the-kids/
https://camperreport.com/15-perfect-...families-kids/
Monica998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 02:18 PM   #5
Platinum Member
 
AlexJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 103
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockymtnb View Post
Safari Condo has an XL Flex model with with elevating rear bed that provides inside storage for bikes and other gear underneath. It uses the same 21ft Promaster chassis as Winnebago's Travato.

https://safaricondo.com/en/motorises...-xl21-xl-flex/

The XL Flex has a larger bed and gear storage but smaller bathroom compared to the Travato.

Forum member AlexJ has an XL Flex with a sliding storage tray for up to four bikes. Perhaps he can post additional details and pics.
5 foot, 500 lb full extension sliding tray holding 4 bikes.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_E2478.JPG (84.5 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0342.jpg (110.4 KB, 30 views)
AlexJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 12:06 AM   #6
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: CA
Posts: 1,497
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by robmerrow View Post
My wife and I are recently retired and want to travel. Our search for an RV has evolved from looking at slide-ins, class B and B+, then class C, and now we're back to the Bs. Travelling light seems more practical, as long as we can haul bikes. The Travato is our current favorite, especially the 59K.
My question: are bunk beds available on any class B? Seems like a way to free up a lot of room.
Thanks for anyone's help.
Rob
It's a tradeoff. The queen/king bed may be more romantic but twin beds are more practical and IMO is the better way to go. If you opt for twin beds, you have to check their width. The Crossifts are 23 inches which IMO is unacceptable. Any Sprinter twin will be 25 inches and if you move around much when sleeping, it's tight. The 59K and the Chevy 210PC have 30 inch beds which makes them clear winners in this regard.
cruising7388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 04:27 PM   #7
Platinum Member
 
Phoebe3's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: California
Posts: 607
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruising7388 View Post
It's a tradeoff. The queen/king bed may be more romantic but twin beds are more practical and IMO is the better way to go. If you opt for twin beds, you have to check their width. The Crossifts are 23 inches which IMO is unacceptable. Any Sprinter twin will be 25 inches and if you move around much when sleeping, it's tight. The 59K and the Chevy 210PC have 30 inch beds which makes them clear winners in this regard.
Unless you want to travel with a kayak or a couple of bikes between them, in which case the narrow aisle of the 59K is a bit of a problem.
__________________
2018 Coachmen Crossfit
Phoebe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 06:32 PM   #8
Platinum Member
 
nebulight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 111
Default

My custom B has bunk beds with storage, kitchen and toliet on the other side:



nebulight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 02:05 AM   #9
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: CA
Posts: 6
Default

Per Safari Condo as of Monday 10/15/2018, 6:50 AM
First of all we would like to thank you for the interest you have shown for our products. By the same token, I would like to inform you that we are a small business and that there may be production delays due to our production capacity for this unique high quality product. Wait time is presently 16 months on Safari Condo built.

We can only sell a conversion to US residents.
That means that you would have to provide the truck. We then send you a list of options (the recipe) to purchase the truck in the US and drive it here so we complete the conversion and you drive it back home.

That is the way it goes with new trucks. Conversion will roughly run for about 40,000$ to 60,000$ CAD depending on model and truck size.
We presently don’t have every model in inventory. We are now at that time of year where most trucks are sold and the ones being produced are sold units.
Used unit may be sold in the USA without restriction. Currently none in stock.

For further information, please contact Daniel Perron (daniel.perron@safaricondo.onmicrosoft.com ) or François Laforest (Francois.Laforest@safaricondo.ca) , it will be their pleasure to answer you.

Safari Condo
1378, Chemin Filteau
St-Nicolas(Qc)G7A 2N4
Canada
Toll free 866-836-6664
Thank you for having interest in our products !
Sincerely,
photochefs88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 03:38 AM   #10
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Texas
Posts: 265
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by robmerrow View Post
My wife and I are recently retired and want to travel. Our search for an RV has evolved from looking at slide-ins, class B and B+, then class C, and now we're back to the Bs. Travelling light seems more practical, as long as we can haul bikes. The Travato is our current favorite, especially the 59K.
My question: are bunk beds available on any class B? Seems like a way to free up a lot of room.
Thanks for anyone's help.
Rob

Welcome to the forum rob!
__________________

rowiebowie is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bunk beds in class b

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT. The time now is 05:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.