Old 01-27-2017, 04:33 AM   #1
Bronze Member

Default Class b for two tall people

Husband is 6'3. Don't need four seats up front. Just a comfortable bed. Swivel front chairs to a table and enough space to store a small grill and two outdoor chairs. I've searched here for tall, seen a few that could work. Anyone in our situation that's happy with your choice?

Lkwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 01:42 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Advanced RV built a few Class B RVs based on the Sprinter super-high roof with 7 ft high interiors. Unfortunately Mercedes Benz stopped selling the super-high model.

2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 04:56 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Ford's Transit high-roof would provide the most clearance for tall users, with 6'6 finished finished inside height. It's also probably the only unit that would accommodate 6'3 standing height in the shower, since the shower pan reduces clearance a couple inches or so.

Unfortunately the only two production Class B Transits, Winnebago Paseo and Coachman Crossfit, haven't bothered to include longer beds to match the increased standing height. So a custom Transit conversion might be your only route for both tall height and sleeping accommodations in a B.

Sportsmobile and Van Specialties both will build custom Transit Class B conversions with accommodations to match your needs. Advanced RV makes great high-end conversions but I don't think they currently convert Transits.
rockymtnb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 05:24 PM   #4
Bronze Member

Thank you both for your replies, the Advanced RVs look lovely. I may give them a call, along with Sportsmobile and Van Specs.
Old 01-27-2017, 05:58 PM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockymtnb View Post
It's also probably the only unit that would accommodate 6'3 standing height in the shower, since the shower pan reduces clearance a couple inches or so.
You can make up those couple of inches in the shower with a skylight. I am 6'3" and our GWV legend's bath gives me more than enough head room using this technique.
Old 01-27-2017, 06:08 PM   #6
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by avanti View Post
You can make up those couple of inches in the shower with a skylight. I am 6'3" and our GWV legend's bath gives me more than enough head room using this technique.
That's great news, thank you
Old 01-27-2017, 06:19 PM   #7
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lkwilson View Post
Thank you both for your replies, the Advanced RVs look lovely. I may give them a call, along with Sportsmobile and Van Specs.
If you are serious about Advanced RV, the regular Sprinter height inside is 6'-3" and should work. In the bathroom all have a bubble skylight that gives yet more height to stand under. They build custom beds to meet needs and in the extended body model it is easy for them to build what you want. Here is my double-glazed bubble skylight.

Old 01-27-2017, 06:38 PM   #8
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davydd View Post
If you are serious about Advanced RV, the regular Sprinter height inside is 6'-3" and should work. In the bathroom all have a bubble skylight that gives yet more height to stand under. They build custom beds to meet needs and in the extended body model it is easy for them to build what you want. Here is my double-glazed bubble skylight.

I took a look at the rest of your photos, that's a beautiful RV.

I also looked at the GW and they are out of business? And had renamed as Sterling, is that a problem? They look beautiful too.

We're in Sonoma County and there's a large RV center up in Davis that we're going to go to to check out heights but it's good to know that the Sprinter's interior height is 6'3" (and who knows, he may have shrunk a bit in later years, I know I have
Old 01-27-2017, 07:29 PM   #9
Platinum Member

Advanced RV's owner of the company is 6'-3" and is well aware of height issues. He actually uses and travels in his product.

Great West Vans is history. Sterling bought them in 2012 and ran the company in the ground and I doubt it will ever recover. You can buy used ones and if you are in the used market it would be a good choice. Great West Van was a quality product when being built, better than Winnebago, Roadtrek and Airstream and about on par with Pleasure-way but with better design and more innovation.
Old 01-27-2017, 09:09 PM   #10
Platinum Member

I'm 6'3" in a Travato G with no problems. Very happy. And the K model has an even longer bed..

Scottbaldassari is offline   Reply With Quote