Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 12-25-2018, 04:29 PM   #1
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: MA
Posts: 14
Default preferred dealer...

Any comments/opinions/suggestions dealing with Flagg or Crowley RV in MA/CT rather than Lichtsinn?
__________________

stevekan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 07:18 PM   #2
Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Nantucket
Posts: 30
Default

We bought from Flagg RV in Uxbridge and can't say enough about how well we were treated through the buying process and afterwards. When it came to negotiating price I pointed out the price on the windshield was $5K over the Internet price our salesman say he didn't think it was right. He came back $3K under the internet price and we ended up at around 32% off list which felt right with no hassle.

When we had a water pump problem after getting to Florida I used the "Preferred Service Club" that comes with the coach (all this while thinking this is BS) but got an appointment immediately and fixed in a day. The servicing dealer said Winnebago would not cover the pump so we paid. I mentioned to Flagg in an email that this made no sense to me and their service department handled everything and there was a check waiting for us when we got back to Massachusetts.
__________________

__________________
Dave
Era 170A
magicbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 08:38 PM   #3
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: MA
Posts: 14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicbus View Post
We bought from Flagg RV in Uxbridge and can't say enough about how well we were treated through the buying process and afterwards. When it came to negotiating price I pointed out the price on the windshield was $5K over the Internet price our salesman say he didn't think it was right. He came back $3K under the internet price and we ended up at around 32% off list which felt right with no hassle.

When we had a water pump problem after getting to Florida I used the "Preferred Service Club" that comes with the coach (all this while thinking this is BS) but got an appointment immediately and fixed in a day. The servicing dealer said Winnebago would not cover the pump so we paid. I mentioned to Flagg in an email that this made no sense to me and their service department handled everything and there was a check waiting for us when we got back to Massachusetts.
Wow! Great news. I visited uxbridge and was pleased. What model did you get? Im in northampton. Appreciate your detailed reply
stevekan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 06:19 AM   #4
New Member
 
Nutsy_squirrel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 18
Default

I got mine from Petite Auto & RV in Waukegan, IL (just north of Chicago). I cannot say enough good things about them. They did a thorough inspection of my rig before delivery and fixed a lot of small, hidden issues. They do not clean or detail their vans prior to sale so you can get a good idea of how the van came in.

Price wise they were decent. I purchased in June so the market was high. I could have gotten a lot cheaper through private sale but I liked having the peace of mind knowing the vehicle was inspected beforehand. I was also very happy to have come in under budget even with adding a generator and backup camera. How often can you say that?

Petite is great because they are Class B exclusive. That's all they do are vans. Their website doesn't show it, but they have over 90 vans in stock in all price points. They even have not just one, but TWO of the hard to find LER vans. I *almost* bought one but didn't like the bed and felt that my van was in better shape. Too bad, I really do like the LER vans.
Nutsy_squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 06:22 AM   #5
New Member
 
Nutsy_squirrel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 18
Default

I actually did stop at Lichtsinn on my way back from Badlands/Rushmore and was not at all impressed. Unless they think you are going to drop lots of $$ on a new rig there, their guys will hardly talk to you.

I saw lots of sales guys and others just sitting around, playing Flappy Birds on their phones. No one would take the time to answer and tech questions I had or seemed to have much interest.
Nutsy_squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 12:33 PM   #6
Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Nantucket
Posts: 30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevekan View Post
Wow! Great news. I visited uxbridge and was pleased. What model did you get? Im in northampton. Appreciate your detailed reply
One of the great things about Flagg, besides their low-key but helpful attitude, is the selection. We got to compare the Era line and the Travato line side-by-side to make sure what we selected worked for us. As much as we wanted the dry bath in the rear, we ended up with the Era 170 A because we needed the larger fridge (my wife is a Celiac so we need to pack our food along) and the Murphy bed in the slide just took up too much room when closed (we travel with 2 labs). The slide-out storage under the bed on the A was a big bonus.

I see they now also carry Roadtrek which they did not when we were shopping.
__________________
Dave
Era 170A
magicbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 06:17 PM   #7
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: MA
Posts: 14
Default

met a cple of local owners, both gave thumbs up to FLAGG
stevekan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 08:03 PM   #8
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: CT
Posts: 1
Default

I am also looking for feedback on local dealerships in New England. Does anyone have any experience good/bad with Crowley in CT? I have visited to look at Roadtrek & Winnebagos, not too impressed with the facility or salesmen I met. Has anyone purchased from them? How is their service department?
Babs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 02:35 AM   #9
New Member
 
Nutsy_squirrel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babs View Post
I am also looking for feedback on local dealerships in New England. Does anyone have any experience good/bad with Crowley in CT? I have visited to look at Roadtrek & Winnebagos, not too impressed with the facility or salesmen I met. Has anyone purchased from them? How is their service department?
I know it's a way out for you, but my suggestion would be to call up Ed at Petite RV and tell him what you are looking for and your budget. It might actually be worth a flight to Chicago for you. I worked with them and actually came in under budget.

If you are not impressed with the service at Crowley don't waste your time with them. A lot of dealers I have met only care about pushing units out the door and collecting a check from you.
Nutsy_squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 06:12 PM   #10
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: CT
Posts: 13
Default

We bought our Roadtrek Agile from Crowley in November 2017. No issues with the sale and they got us the best rate on the loan. They did a couple repairs for us. They took some time but that is in part due to RT.
We wanted the RT Agile. We could have gone to Fretz in PA or Colonial in NJ, but then any warranty issues are a 3 hour ride. It's all well and good to save a few grand, but then where are you when you need service and your purchasing dealer is 700 miles away. Not to say that Crowley, or any dealer, won't work on an RV purchased from someone else, but you may not get the preferential treatment as if you purchased from them.
__________________

MaxCapacity is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT. The time now is 11:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.