Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-09-2009, 08:21 PM   #1

Default Replacing carpet

We have a 2003 Roadtrek l9P with twin beds. We would like to replace the carpet between the beds. I would like to know how the carpet is attached to the floor and whether it has been installed under the bed frames. Also, what is a suitable replacement for the carpet.
nb king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 01:48 AM   #2

Default Re: Replacing carpet

Our 2004 RT(just purchased used) has blue carpet between beds that is coffee stained and won't clean up, plus it is a little matted. I found a throw rug in a beautiful blue and brown muted stripe at Walmart that just about fits the space exactly. Just laid it down and covered up not only the stain(s), but also the table leg hole which I didn't like exposed. Shake when needed; wash when dirty. No more carpet cleaning. I also bought another just like it to lay from the wardrobe toward the door. There is a coordinating blue half round rug at the sink area. Very little bare floor left and everything is washable now. Rugs cost $10 each. I could give you the price scan number.......
CamperAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 11:44 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Location: Sarnialabad, The Newly Elected People's Republic of Canuckistan

Price scan number? OK, I'm curious, as our '02 could probably use a little spruce up
in the carpet department. Sounds like a good and inexpensive fix.
Is that US or Canadian Walmarts, and what region or area of the country,
if I may inquire? It may be a regionally available product.
I was also thinking about using an area rug on top of the cushions for the full bed
to reduce the "falling through the cracks" effect/problem.
Anyone tried this or thought about it?
I know some have used a foam pad addition, but I think storing it might be a pain.
A rug would/could just be rolled up and thrown to one side in the back somewhere.
Old 07-24-2009, 03:34 AM   #4
Platinum Member

I have never removed the carpet in my '05, but I can't believe Roadtrek would allow it to go under the bench wood - I say this strictly from a cost viewpoint.
I have to agree with trying to put down some carpeting that we can shake out to clean up.
I have to tell you, we have been using a product called FOLEX Instant Carpet Spot Remover - no rinising, and it is truly worthwhile. It was recommended years ago by a shop when I dropped a thermos of carpet on a brand new truck with carpeting!! It really takes up messes completely - I even got tar like junk from the floor of the RT...along with coffee stains. Today it is carried by Home Depot and probably a ton of other places.
Old 08-05-2009, 01:27 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike
Price scan number? OK, I'm curious, as our '02 could probably use a little spruce up
in the carpet department. Sounds like a good and inexpensive fix.
Is that US or Canadian Walmarts, and what region or area of the country,
if I may inquire? It may be a regionally available product.
I was also thinking about using an area rug on top of the cushions for the full bed
to reduce the "falling through the cracks" effect/problem.
Anyone tried this or thought about it?
I know some have used a foam pad addition, but I think storing it might be a pain.
A rug would/could just be rolled up and thrown to one side in the back somewhere.

Sorry for the delay - we've been out Roadtrekking. Here is the scan #86093 23847 6

Canopy - 100% Olefin Metro Stripe Rug 20" x 34.5" (50 x 87 cm)
French Blue/Rich Brown stripe Machine washable;line dry
Made in the USA by Mohawk Home (more address available if you want it)

It was from a Midwest US Walmart, but I have ordered from Walmart on the internet and maybe it could be sent to your hometown store (there's no postage charge in U.S.)

I bought 3 alike and use one in the bedroom and one in the kitchen and one outside. I think two would cover
the kitchen area, but I already had a rug in front of the sink that coordinates okay.

They keep it so clean and it always looks beautiful. Let me know how this comes out....hope you can get it.
I could post a picture if you want.
CamperAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 07:40 AM   #6

Hi,

I also want to change the carpet with soft rug.... Can anyone here inform where I can get in Australia in a reasonable price?
Old 09-16-2018, 11:43 PM   #7
Bronze Member

Yes, it’s a Zombie thread...the carpet in our ‘93 Coachmen runs from wall to wall, under the cabinets and the sofabed.
Adriana is offline   Reply With Quote