Pleasure Way

Talk about anything related to Class B RV Motorhome Camping Van Conversions here. Got a question? Know the answer? Post it all here.

Pleasure Way

Postby Poindexter118 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:21 am

I just found this forum this afternoon. My wife and I are considering a class "B" motor home. How does anyone feel about the Pleasure Way van conversion? It's hard to find sites that give reviews of motor homes.

Thanks in advance. :D
Poindexter118

Re: Pleasure Way

Postby jerrygaylor » Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:08 am

We have a 2006 pw-ts, and love it. Spent 10 weeks in Alaska, and Canada in it. love the gas mileage, 20+.
jerrygaylor
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby julievojo » Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:04 pm

We have a PW Plateau that we purchased new in August 2004. We've put on over 75000 miles on now and still love it. We average about 21 MPG, but can get 23 MPG if we slow down to 55 and have gotten as much as 26 MPG in the right conditions (downhill across the prairies with a tail wind)

PW has been a great company to work with. The van has been very reliable, but when we have needed to contact the company with questions they are always happy to help us. If they say they need to call us back with an answer to something, they do so, usually within an hour or two.

I don't think you can go wrong with Pleasureway, they are a quality minded company.
A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving. ~ Lao Tzu
julievojo
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Poindexter118 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:19 pm

Thanks for the replies to my question. This gives us further reasons to purchase the Pleasure Way.
Poindexter118

Postby WAPITI » Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:58 am

Hi Poindexter,

Welcome to the forum. I also own a Pleasureway van. It's a 1995 MPL. My wife and I have truely enjoyed traveling in this van. There are many different makes and models, and most are very well built. This van in my mind is at the top of the list and has not given us any problems at all in the 5 years we've owned it. It now has 120,000 Kms and has no rattles or powertrain problems. We've taken it into the back country as well as through high mountain passes. The 5.9 litre engine has plenty of power to climb any grade. I would not be afraid to take it anywhere.

Brian
WAPITI
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

My RV: 1995 Pleasure Way MPL

Postby Poindexter118 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:34 pm

Wapiti- I appreciate your comments on the Pleasure Way van. I'm looking at the Ford Traverse because of inside height. I'm 6'2" (74 inches). We had originally looked at the Roadtrek, but there's just not enough head room.
:D
Poindexter118

Postby Bobbi » Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:06 pm

Hi,
We have owned 3 Pleasure-Ways, and as others have written, the company is always there for you! They care about their customers, even after they have purchased their van. All of their vans are well made, and if you were to have a problem, you can bet that someone will be there to help you. They want to make sure that you are happy with your van, and they will stay on top of your problem or question untill it is solved.
We have travelled through 47 US states and 5 provinces of Canada, and sometimes repeating our drives. The PW's are so comfortable to drive, and the front chairs are like sitting in a recliner in your home.
If you would like to talk with another Travers owner, let me know and I will contact them for you and set it up.You can email me at: Hotbobbi@aol.com.
Bobbi & Harold Bergstrom
EASTCOAST AMBASSADORS FOR PLEASURE-WAY
PLEASURE-WAY RV CLUB EAST PRES. & VICE
2003 FORD EXCEL-RD (#3)
HAVE PLEASURE-WAY, WILL TRAVEL!
Bobbi
Silver Member
Silver Member

My RV: 2003 FORD EXCEL-RD (#3)

Postby Davydd » Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:24 pm

We have a 2005 Pleasure-Way Plateau TS Sprinter and at this time if I were in the market to buy another B Pleasure-Way would still be at the top of my list. All the Canadian converters, Pleasure-Way, Leisure Travel Vans, Roadtrek and Great West make top of the line B products. To choose between them comes down to personal needs and wants and which one satisfy you the most. In the USA I am less impressed with the converters. I sense they don't know the market as well. Sportsmobile is the one converter in the USA that could satisfy your needs because they custom outfit. However, when I bought my first B I am not sure I had enough knowledge to know my needs at the time and at that time they had a fairly long frustrating wait. It just worked out Pleasure-Way turned out to be a good and satisfying fit. But if and when I get in the market again for a second B, Sportsmobile will be added to the list to explore along with Pleasure-Way and Great West. That's my thinking right now. Next month I am going to the RV show in Minneapolis to update.
Davydd
2015 Advanced RV Ocean One Mercedes Benz Sprinter
Previous Class Bs:
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My RV: 2015 Advanced RV

Postby Poindexter118 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:40 am

Davydd- I appreciate your comments on the Pleasure Way van. There's a dealer near us (about 30 miles) that is supposed to have a large selection of class "B's". In fact, it's McMahon's RV in Orange County, CA. My wife and I will go down there and look them over.

Thanks again for your help in this selection process.
Poindexter118

Postby rinkman1 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:58 am

We got a 2006 Excel. Loved it. My inlaw cousin has a roadtrek but to narrow in the aisle, and I don't like the middle shower. I'm tall, (6'3") no problem in the PW.We went to all provinces no problem. If we got to parks late at night we just pull over off the hyway and snoozed til morning. But we added spacers on the rear and no veering from semis. We talked about getting a new model PW Excel. We live in Saskatoon and we snooped in the company about the updates for the new model.
Rinkman1 (Ron) :prayer:
rinkman1

My RV: Pleasure-Way Excel

Postby Chester T » Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:42 am

My wife and I just bought a 2009 Pleasureway Ford excell. We put on 700Ks bringing it home. It ran good. Got 15mpg on first run. We will be going again next week to BC for a week or so.
Chester T

My RV: 2009 PW Excel TS

Return to General Discussion Forum