New Member- 1990 Ford Falcon - A couple questions

Talk about anything related to Class B RV Motorhome Camping Van Conversions here. Got a question? Know the answer? Post it all here.

New Member- 1990 Ford Falcon - A couple questions

Postby Big Ying » Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:18 am

Hello

I recently purchased a 1990 Ford Falcon. Everything is in good shape and works. Very pleased so far. Two questions. The person I bought it from went over everything with me pretty well, but it didn't come with a manual. Anybody know how to get a copy of one. I would gladly pay for it.

Also, it comes with two 10 gallon fuel tanks. Is it O.K. to switch the fuel tanks as you are driving. Forgot to ask when I picked it up. I was hoping someone here could answer that for me.

Thanks
Big Ying

Postby markopolo » Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:46 am

Welcome to the forum Big Ying.

I'm hoping someone has the answers to your questions.

I'd like to know the answer to your dual fuel tanks question.

Re: the owner manual - maybe search eBay, Craigslist & online classified for your model then contact the seller to see if they'll make a copy of their owner manual and sell it to you. (hopefully they'll only ask you to cover postage :wink: )
markopolo
Site Admin

My RV: '97 GMC Savana 6.5L Turbo Diesel Custom Camper Van

Postby markopolo » Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:52 am

Also, if your RV is an Intervec Falcon there is an owners club:

http://www.intervecphoenix.org/
markopolo
Site Admin

Postby markopolo » Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:57 am

Forum member seraphim owns 1995 Falcon - maybe he'll have a suggestion for you. You could send him a PM or an Email - just click on his name.
markopolo
Site Admin

Postby RS 38-40 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:43 am

I used to have a pickup truck with three tanks on it with a three way manual valve and would switch tanks on the fly with no problem . When one would run out the engine would sputter and I would reach down and switch the valve and the engine would refire and keep on going . Now that being said , my truck was a 73 Ford and it was before shutoff switches and all the safety stuff they put on vehicles now .
RS 38-40

Postby Big Ying » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:25 pm

Thanks for your help. I did try switching the fuel tanks while idling this week, and it did seem to work fine.

Hopefully, I can find a manual somewhere.
Big Ying

tanks

Postby obiewan kanobe » Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:54 am

if you have a generator, it usually draws from one tank. good to know which one. if no generator...get one, it makes more oportunities available in the "boonies"

i have a dodge, (falcon 190slf) 1986. this vehicle is a tough truck. it often goes when newer ones fail. mine has no generator, but, a 2000 watt portable will do most things, not necessarily at the same time.

tip: don't let it just sit for weeks. use it for small trips and do it on the freeway once in a while. this will keep everything from sticking, rusting, molding,rotting or whatever. this way it will be ready to go whenever you are.
obiewan kanobe
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Return to General Discussion Forum