Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-26-2020, 08:10 PM   #1

Default Panoramic RV reviews?

I went to the factory in Chambly and discussed with Philippe, the CEO, great guy!

I am seriously considering buying a Panoramic RV, love the build quality and design.

Any reviews out there from actual owners or anyone having one mind to share their experience with it?

I did watch all the YouTube videos( Including Ultramobility)
I am more looking for owners impressions.

Tanks in advance
Fvjuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 09:43 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Welcome to the forum!

Here is a link to a search of this forum for mentions of Panoramic RV's.

https://www.classbforum.com/forums/s...archid=1693383
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 03:09 AM   #3

We have a Panoramic, (first in Ontario) picked it up Jan 2020, build quality is outstanding. We like the fact that it had a lot of options to choose from. The garage area is outstanding. We carry a Champion Genny rather than the supplied gen under the coach which is more versatile. The fresh/grey/black tanks are more than enough for boondocking. 300 watts of solar are fine for us with 2 100amp AGM batteries plus a 2000 watt inventor. A compressor fridge would be better, but can live with what we have. We choose a sunroof at the front of the vehicle along with the AC in the back and a Max Air in the middle. Great air flow.There is more than enough storage in the vehicle along with a hanging closet, a slide out pantry and a wine rack beside the fridge.We chose a dark grey van with a blackout front end and a black bike rack on the back door. I have updated the black tank so I can flush out the tank at the dump station. Philippe the owner worked with us during the build and helped us very much is decision making. We liked the fact it's CDN built, as we looked at the other CDN built..., PW, Safari, Leisure and was sold on the layout.
kpeter02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 11:35 AM   #4

Thx for your reply, much appreciated.
Can you tell me more about the modification you made to the black tank?
Why couldn’t you dump before?
Also, would love to know more about your choice of generator. Is there enough room to store it? Do you run your AC with it?
Thx in advance.
Old 07-25-2020, 01:50 PM   #5

The black tank drains as usual though the clean out valves, no problem, just like the grey tank drains. What I did was removed the plug at the opposite end of the tank and installed a Gardena quick connect so I can hook up a garden hose and flush the whole tank out, after it is drained, though the drain valve as usual, rather than filling up the toilet from inside to flush out the tank. As for the gen, it's a Champion dual fuel 3400 watt inverter generator from Costco. Dual fuel, gas and LPG. I considered the Honda EU2200i, but to start the AC I would have to install a soft start on the AC, plus the Honda only runs gas, and is very expensive compared to the Champion. I run the Champion off the vehicle propane using a low pressure quick connect. No problem running the AC or anything else in the vehicle. It stores in the garage area, along with 4 patio chairs, BBQ, Thule ladder, 50 ft power cord, tool bag and patio carpet.There are also 3 large drawers under the bed, accessible from the back doors to store various hoses, power cords, water connectors, etc.
Old 07-25-2020, 02:30 PM   #6

Thx for the info, good idea for the quick connect on the tank and I will look up this gen.
Thx for your help!
Old 08-11-2020, 08:37 PM   #7

My wife wants to buy this unit but I am concerned about the lack of US dealers, for service. Isn't it risky to buy direct and be the only guy in the state with one of these? Help!
Dan Steger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 08:45 PM   #8

As for the vehicle/chassis, any Ram dealer will warranty the vehicle, as for the build itself, all the appliances have their own warranty and for workmanship, I'm sure Philippe at Panoramic has that worked out with other RV dealers in the states. Speak with Philippe, he will advise you.
Old 08-12-2020, 01:55 AM   #9

Panoramic is on the top of our list as well. Timing is just not right yet for us. There is a small group of owners on Facebook. Not sure if most owners are French speaking or if there really is just a handful of units out given how new they are.
Bearkeley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 10:01 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpeter02 View Post
We have a Panoramic, (first in Ontario) picked it up Jan 2020, build quality is outstanding. We like the fact that it had a lot of options to choose from. The garage area is outstanding. We carry a Champion Genny rather than the supplied gen under the coach which is more versatile. The fresh/grey/black tanks are more than enough for boondocking. 300 watts of solar are fine for us with 2 100amp AGM batteries plus a 2000 watt inventor. A compressor fridge would be better, but can live with what we have. We choose a sunroof at the front of the vehicle along with the AC in the back and a Max Air in the middle. Great air flow.There is more than enough storage in the vehicle along with a hanging closet, a slide out pantry and a wine rack beside the fridge.We chose a dark grey van with a blackout front end and a black bike rack on the back door. I have updated the black tank so I can flush out the tank at the dump station. Philippe the owner worked with us during the build and helped us very much is decision making. We liked the fact it's CDN built, as we looked at the other CDN built..., PW, Safari, Leisure and was sold on the layout.
Hi - I am about to put a deposit on one. How has it been for you since you bought it? Does it handle well on the road? How is the ground clearance? I was looking at a picture and it looks like the holding tanks come down lower than the body, my concern is how it would handle on some of the bumpier forest road in places like Alaska. Does it rattle much? How quiet is it for you? Is there any ventilation in the bathroom? Thanks ahead of time!
KARNAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 11:32 PM   #11

Since the purchase of the vehicle no issues at all. We picked it up in Jan 2020. It handles like any van, as it is the 3500 series Promaster. With a full water tank, full gas tank, dishes, food, portable gen, BBQ, chairs, table, ladder and two bicycles, it handles very smoothly. But you know you are driving a van. We have Sumo springs , front and rear, that helps in stabilizing the vehicle. (check out other forums as they are highly recommended on any Class B's). The grey and black tanks, along with the propane tank are installed above the front and rear axles of the vehicle. So ground clearance is not so much an issue. This vehicle is front wheel drive also. There are no rattles from any of the workmanship in the vehicle. Just make sure your items are secured, plates, cutlery, food etc. The vehicle is very quiet on the road, no loud talking/no shouting required with the passenger, even if they are in the back getting something out of the fridge. The max fan is opposite the bathroom (shower & toilet) so no problem for ventilation. Hope this helps.
Old 09-24-2020, 02:18 PM   #12
Bronze Member

Hello and ThanX 4 this informative post .. we reside in Quebec (Montreal Area) .. Am equally looking at this model .. Where do you put your Costo dual fuel generator as opposed to the supplied genertor .. I assumed it was already installed at the factory where they make these vehicules .. Anyway .. We plan 2 visit their place of business in Chambly .. Regards
Old 09-24-2020, 04:23 PM   #13

The Champion Generator is portable. I purchased online through Costco. It's stored under the bed, and when required I pull it out and place it away from the vehicle, using a propane hose from the quick connect from the propane tank, from the van. I can run the A/C and microwave at the sample time. I chose the portable rather than the installed, as it was way cheaper and I can use the generator at home if there is a power outage.
Old 12-28-2020, 02:53 AM   #14

Quote:
The black tank drains as usual though the clean out valves, no problem, just like the grey tank drains. What I did was removed the plug at the opposite end of the tank and installed a Gardena quick connect so I can hook up a garden hose and flush the whole tank out, after it is drained, though the drain valve as usual, rather than filling up the toilet from inside to flush out the tank. As for the gen, it's a Champion dual fuel 3400 watt inverter generator from Costco. Dual fuel, gas and LPG. I considered the Honda EU2200i, but to start the AC I would have to install a soft start on the AC, plus the Honda only runs gas, and is very expensive compared to the Champion. I run the Champion off the vehicle propane using a low pressure quick connect. No problem running the AC or anything else in the vehicle. It stores in the garage area, along with 4 patio chairs, BBQ, Thule ladder, 50 ft power cord, tool bag and patio carpet.There are also 3 large drawers under the bed, accessible from the back doors to store various hoses, power cords, water connectors, etc.

how do you prevent the generator fume smell when you store the unit in the garage, since it's not air tight?
Peakaboohaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 01:45 PM   #15

The genny is dual fuel, gas and propane. I run propane only in the generator.
Old 01-15-2021, 08:39 PM   #16
Bronze Member

You can get the option for to clean the tank directly from the company when you order your RV. For the generator i am using a Honda 2000 and i have no problem with the AC you have to run the fan first and then you start your compressor and it is running smoothly.
jgmarcotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 08:53 PM   #17
Bronze Member

Yes there's a group of owners on facebook call: Panoramic owners and wannabees most of them are english and they come from Canada and the USA. There's another group call : Panoramic club but you have to be and owner to get access to the group.
jgmarcotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 03:18 PM   #18

Quote:
Hi kpeter,

A question for you:

We are getting our Panoramic this April, picking it up from the factory. On the factory invoice, it quotes 5% GST added to the price. I presume that one has to pay the remainder of the HST at the time of licensing in Ontario. Do you know if that is an additional 8% on pre-tax purchase price?

Thanks in advance for your consideration.

D. Koval
Donald Koval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 04:06 PM   #19

Yes....Ontario requires the 8% paid at time of registration for your plates.
Old 01-23-2021, 04:40 PM   #20

Thanks for the information.
Donald Koval is offline   Reply With Quote