Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-12-2023, 05:33 PM   #1
JW

Default 2008c210p

anyone have trouble with doors locking when closing any door?
JW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2023, 07:59 PM   #2
Platinum Member

I did. Tough to solve but it was finally determined that a junk yard PCM had been installed by the previous owner. No problem till I installed an aftermarket radio with a module that has to interface with the PCM. (Maybe it was the BCM)

Problem solved by a new PCM with correct VIN number loaded by Chevrolet. Cost $1000. No more problem. Sorry for the bad news!

My symptoms a little bit different than yours. It would lock all doors whenever it felt like it. Had to buy a new Power or Body control module from Chevrolet, ship it to Los Angeles to get the VIN loaded. No problem since.

I remember it being the PCM but I think they took it from under the dash which would be the BCM. Your dealer can figure that out. Get yourself a jar of Vaseline.

It was a guess. “My guy here is very good and he thinks it has a junk yard module installed.” That will be $1000 please.
hbn7hj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2023, 12:11 AM   #3
JW

Default door lock issues

has anyone removed the fuses for the door actuators?
Old 06-13-2023, 01:57 AM   #4
Platinum Member

Pull at least one door apart and remove the connector to the actuator.
Old 06-13-2023, 02:12 AM   #5
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW View Post
anyone have trouble with doors locking when closing any door?

The programming for the door locking on the vans is a bit odd, and appears to be tailored to contractors, who use the back and side door a lot as the last open thing.

There are odd things concerning what happens if you lock the front doors and then open and close the side or rear doors. I don't recall them all now, but they are in the owner's manual I think. I locked myself out a couple of times because if it. Once you get a lock/unlock procedure set to follow, it should work consistently, our 07 Chevy 190 does.
booster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2023, 02:23 AM   #6
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by booster View Post
The programming for the door locking on the vans is a bit odd, and appears to be tailored to contractors, who use the back and side door a lot as the last open thing.

There are odd things concerning what happens if you lock the front doors and then open and close the side or rear doors. I don't recall them all now, but they are in the owner's manual I think. I locked myself out a couple of times because if it. Once you get a lock/unlock procedure set to follow, it should work consistently, our 07 Chevy 190 does.
IIRC, I think if you hit any of the lock buttons with one or more doors open, each of those doors will lock when closed EXCEPT for the side door. That's because all of the doors have a wiring harness connected to them except for the side door. So for the side door, you must push the manual lock button down before closing.
dicktill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2023, 02:33 AM   #7
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dicktill View Post
IIRC, I think if you hit any of the lock buttons with one or more doors open, each of those doors will lock when closed EXCEPT for the side door. That's because all of the doors have a wiring harness connected to them except for the side door. So for the side door, you must push the manual lock button down before closing.

That is very interesting. On ours, if we use the normal leave the van all doors closed, if we push the lock button on the remote they all lock so there has to be power to the side door, I think, but I don't know if it is hooked up with the door logic control, though. The door open, lock all, then close the open door locking procedure is still no completely understood by me.
booster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2023, 03:48 AM   #8
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by booster View Post
That is very interesting. On ours, if we use the normal leave the van all doors closed, if we push the lock button on the remote they all lock so there has to be power to the side door, I think, but I don't know if it is hooked up with the door logic control, though. The door open, lock all, then close the open door locking procedure is still no completely understood by me.
I think that when you push any electric door lock button (rocker switch), all the door solenoids respond by activating their individual locks whether open or closed, except that because the side door doesn't have a harness to it, it can't do that if open. However, if closed, it will lock because there are a couple of contacts that make the connection when the door is closed (they're between the hinges).
dicktill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2023, 06:33 AM   #9
Platinum Member

Sounds like your’s is working properly just in the wrong mode. A good read of the owner’s manual or service manual might be in order. Mine would randomly lock and unlock the doors which is not the same as your symptoms.
Old 06-13-2023, 12:33 PM   #10
JW

I noticed in the manual each door has its own fuse for lock and fuse for unlock just wondering if I pull the fuses if it would effect drivability ?
Old 06-20-2023, 12:51 AM   #11

2008c210v

My side door has child lock on it. Could that be part of the problem? I think it manifests itself by not allowing to unlock the door if it is on. It's easy going in and out to accidentally touch the switch.

Tom B
beckmat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chevy door locks