Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-24-2023, 04:58 PM   #21
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrislana View Post
i think ill drive it once a week
Why?

@Mumkin has it right. No good will come from "exercising" a vehicle that has its battery disconnected. Moreover, unless you are prepared to bring it up to full operating temperature for 20 minutes or so, significant harm can result, since you will be repeatedly introducing water-vapor-laden air every time you start it and absent a long, hot drive the water will not be driven out the exhaust and will condense inside the engine and exhaust instead.

N.B.: You cannot accomplish this by a long idle, or even a drive around town. It takes a significant drive at highway speeds.

Just let it sleep.
avanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2023, 09:55 PM   #22
Platinum Member

Quote:
...RV place i bought it from said there isn't any but they have know tobe wrong,,,but at least iv leard now i got several different ways to go ,,,thanks for the help guys
Too many RV dealers haven't a clue... lol

I have photos of it, but I've never figured out how to attach them here. Just pull up your front mat on the driver's side under the pedals, and you will find a cover. Most open it with a coin... a quarter is about the right size. This scrawny old lady with no strength in her hands has trouble to turn them, but men normally turn them quite easily. Pull the cover off and you will see the little lever on the negative post of that big old battery. The lever loosens the connection so you can pull it right off the post. Just make sure that it doesn't spring back and touch the post.

Then you can leave it indefinitely. Avanti knows more about engines that I do... so I would trust his advice on that.
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
mumkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2023, 03:25 PM   #23
Bronze Member

I glad you said some thing about the water vapor I think im going to do all of it run it ( I live 1/2 mile from Hiway ,,,Charge the battery if needed i dont think ill disconnect the front batt cause ill run it every 3 days and ill keep a eye on the back batts too Thanks for the help and i Hope ya all had a Happy Thanksgiving
chrislana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2023, 03:53 PM   #24
Platinum Member

Quote:
I glad you said some thing about the water vapor I think im going to do all of it run it ( I live 1/2 mile from Hiway ,,,Charge the battery if needed i dont think ill disconnect the front batt cause ill run it every 3 days and ill keep a eye on the back batts too Thanks for the help and i Hope ya all had a Happy Thanksgiving
The only possible glitch would be if you have a major blizzard and can't get out for awhile. Be sure to have one of those little bricks to jump start it. There is a handy post under the hood for jump starting.

You also don't want to take these expensive rigs out risking an accident just to charge the batteries. These things are so expensive to fix with all the added plumbing and electric that they tend to get totaled by your insurance or take them months to gather up all the parts.
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
Old 11-26-2023, 05:02 PM   #25
Platinum Member

Christina;
2020 Tellaro 20AT owner here.

There is a lot of misinformation in this thread. Some of it is blatantly wrong. I know folks mean well, but there are many different configurations of these vans if you are not intimately familiar with them chances are good you’ll be wrong.

If you have AGM batteries and an Onan generator then your solar panels will charge BOTH coach and chassis batteries.

If you have Lithium batteries and either a UHG or Onan generator then your solar will charge your coach batteries but NOT your chassis battery.

Lithium owners have used AC trickle chargers, solar trickle chargers, or DC-DC chargers that charge your chassis battery from your coach batteries.

Also, you can leave your van plugged in all the time contrary to what someone posted here.

If you can stomach Facebook then join the ‘Sequence and Tellaro Owners and Wannabes’ Facebook group. It’s a private group with 3800 members, mostly owners and mostly active. I’m a group expert and an admin there.
W9TR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2023, 07:40 PM   #26

It depends on your manufacturer and coach. In my 2020 Winnebago Travato with two AGM batteries and solar, the solar panels charge the AGM batteries even if the electricity in the coach turned off, as long as the solar is turned on. When I bought the coach, Solar did not charge the chassis battery. However, I installed a BIM and now solar keeps all three batteries fully charged. It’s well worth the upgrade.
Oneilkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2023, 12:06 AM   #27
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by W9TR View Post
If you can stomach Facebook then join the ‘Sequence and Tellaro Owners and Wannabes’ Facebook group. It’s a private group with 3800 members, mostly owners and mostly active. I’m a group expert and an admin there.
Which you might note that I advised early in the thread when it was clear that no Tellaro owners were showing up.
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
Old 11-29-2023, 03:54 PM   #28
Platinum Member

Yes, thank you very much.
We lived in Chaska from 2001 - 2016.
Lots of change over the years.
W9TR is offline   Reply With Quote