Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-15-2023, 02:29 PM   #1

Default Lithium house battery upgrade 2006 Adventurous RS

Hello there,

I’ve tried searching but didn’t have any luck. Does anyone know of a previous thread where someone has documented and swapped out their original deep cycle house battery for a Lifepo4 inside an Adventurous RS or a similar Roadtrek model? I know I’ll have to ensure than the lithium battery isn’t charged by the alternator, and also by the installed oem triplite battery charger.

I have a renogy DC to DC charger that I plan on installing a little later but for now I’m short on time and would really love to just tie the lifepo4 battery into the current system with my Victron ip22 charger as simply as possible. I have a schematic (attached file) but it’s very basic, was a more detailed one included originally? Or is this all we have to go by? I have a plenty of 2awg and 4awg wire to replace anything thats currently underrated.

Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks,

Nick
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 32170618-61B8-40A7-9E47-7760C8D859BF.jpg (174.0 KB, 23 views)
Toobigtofail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2023, 04:10 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Suggest you look at this current thread if you haven't already which discusses and ponders on some of the issues/aspects you raise:

https://www.classbforum.com/forums/f...tml#post146955
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2023, 12:28 AM   #3
Platinum Member

All you have to do is install a shunt based battery monitor and watch it when the battery is charging. If you are not watching it and are plugged into shore power then turn the charger or converter off. You could start by limiting charging voltage to 14.3 volts. When charging voltage reaches 14.3, turn the charger off. Good to go.

Lithiums charge so quickly it is hardly an inconvenience.

Personally I think the hybrid battery system is the better way to go. Keep the FLA to interface with the alternator and start the generator. Mount the lithiums inside to stay warm. Put in a switch to choose which system feeds the power panel.
hbn7hj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2023, 02:02 PM   #4
Gold Member

Have you looked at this? https://sprintychronicles.home.blog/...enturous-csxl/

This guide was very helpful for my Adventurous AGM to Lithium conversion. However, I did not opt for the DC to DC converter (hybrid?) option that you were considering. I kept it pure lithium and am very happy with the outcome, satisfied removing the un-necessary number of moving parts.
bumpersignal is offline   Reply With Quote