Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-30-2023, 09:33 PM   #1

Default Onan QG 2800i Safety Recall - DIY?

Hello. I was notified a few weeks ago that my generator is subject to a safety recall. "The Onan generator fuel hose between the inline fuel filter and the Injection Pump Module (IPM) may have inadequate clamp force, possibly resulting in a gasoline leak." Onan is authorizing 1.7 hours for the repair.

Safety Recall: NHTSA #23V-325, Cummins 23E-030, June 2023.

Using the link in the recall notice, I can't find anyone within 100 miles to make the repair. Either too small a job or won't even attempt.

I contacted Onan, let them know I'm handy, and asked for the repair instructions so that I could make the repair myself. I received a two-liner back that said only authorized service technicians can make the repair. They sent me a link to a different facility locator. Nearest is just over 100 miles away.

Anyone have instructions on how to make this repair? I've watched a video where a technician replaced a fuel pump, and from what I gather, the connection that is loose is between the in-line fuel filter and the fuel pump. There isn't a clamp as the pump screws into the fuel filter, so I'm wondering if this isn't the issue because Onan refers to "clamp force".

Is the "fuel hose between the inline fuel filter and the Injection Pump Module (IPM)" the same as the connection from the fuel filter and fuel pump? Is the Injection Pump Module not the same as a fuel pump?

Any and all advice appreciated. Thank you!
birdgs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
onan safety recall 2800i