Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-13-2023, 08:23 PM   #1

Default UHG or standard Generator?

We are looking at 2 slightly used Promaster vans. One is the Zion with the UHG and 2-200ah lithiums, the other is a Legend with standard gen and 2-150ah lithiums. We’ll be using the unit for the usual weekenders, a week here and there and a planned 3-4 week cross country trip next year.
I’m no stranger to camper trailers and generators. I currently own 5 gens with one of them being a new Generac 2800I (suitcase style like the small Hondas).
The floor plan in both are identical with the exception being the one with the standard gen is much more refined and just looks a lot more modern and stylish. Read as…..wife like interior better! LOL
My question is and putting interior aside, if you could pick a one with a UHG or a standard gen for the described intended purpose, which would you prefer?
We will be running the ac quite a bit as we’re in the south.
Thank you everyone for your opinion and/or suggestions.

PS……I already know to keep the wife happy or it really wouldn’t matter which one I pick! I’d still be miserable! 🥴
RLSmith4602 is offline   Reply With Quote