Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-27-2023, 02:40 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Cool Vega Touch Eclipse, by Firefly issue fixed.

Our Galleria had a Firefly issue and were just two years into ownership. I started noticing commination issues between iPhone APP and Firefly, as I would sit inside the van and check overall operations and the signal via "Bluetooth" which looked like it was dropping.

I called Firefly and give them the VIN Number and learned I needed to replace the Vega Touch Eclipse Module. Thank goodness i did as it was still under warranty. The new module arrived and the old was located inside the control panel and held by two small screws. I turned off the power by placing the VAN in STOAGE mode. The change was very simple.

Only two wires plugged into it, and I unplugged and replaced them into the new module. Never knew how bad the old module was, until the new one was added operating a pick performance. No signal drops and clear easy to read screens.
Dogman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2024, 08:52 PM   #2

With your new setup does the Bluetooth connection persist? I have to press the top button to put the xantrex cp into paring mode each time to reconnect to the app. It sure would be nice to access it wi5out having to enter the van.
Jhv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2024, 09:44 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhv2 View Post
With your new setup does the Bluetooth connection persist? I have to press the top button to put the xantrex cp into paring mode each time to reconnect to the app. It sure would be nice to access it wi5out having to enter the van.
No, this Module, to which I'm referring had come with our Coachmen Galleria. I had been having issues and it took me a while until I called "FIREFLY" they informed me of a replacement and covered under my warranty. Within a few days I had the new one in. As the Module is located on the wall behind the control panel. The instructions came with it and right away noticed a big difference with no dropping of Bluetooth. Out of pocket would have cost over $950.00 Dollars. I was happy and found lots of YouTube videos on the issues in much greater detail them my note here.
Dogman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
app, bluetooth, eclipse, firefly, vegatouch