Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-25-2023, 12:20 AM   #1

Default 2015 Roadtrek 190 40th Anniversary Edition

Purchased a 2015 190 Anniversary Edition. Never owned or been in an RV before. Bought sight unseen. Never did anything this crazy before, but here we are. I wanted to introduce myself to the community as I suspect I will asking for advice from you guys. Do you's guys name your rig? I want to call it the Manvan, the wife insist on Camptramp
bobbydadario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2023, 03:16 AM   #2
Platinum Member

"mantramp" ?

Congrats and enjoy your new van.

Suggest you practice camp in the driveway to learn how all the systems work instead of in the woods with no access to info or tools.

Most of the appliances ( furnace, genny etc etc) are common to other makes of RV, most manuals are available to download

Take the time to get familiar with the plumbing systems, how to dump tanks and how to trouble shoot the electrical- learn which devices are 120 volt AC and which are 12 volt DC and how to manage power use.... where the breakers and fuses are .

enjoy !
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2023, 11:08 AM   #3

Thank Mike, good advice. I was hoping that there might be other owners of this model on the forum. There weren't many made and there are a few differences in the models that year ie, Alde furnace & Roadtrek installed solar that are unique to this edition. I think we are narrowing the name down to "Bedridden" or "The Grim Sleeper"
Old 07-26-2023, 12:43 AM   #4

Congrats on your new rig! I’m new to this forum too, looking for advice for a first timer. Question: had you been shopping for one and knew what you were looking for? or was this a spontaneous decision? When you say sight unseen, did the seller provide extra pictures &\or video?

Miss Anne
Miss Anne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2023, 02:25 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbydadario View Post
weren't many made and there are a few differences

Roadtrek was lurching toward bankruptcy during that time, rotating cast of ownerships and managements trying to squeeze what they could from the company assets.

There are orphaned models, experimental technologies, falsified safety reports to DOT, unsupported performance claims (lies) to customers and dealers.

if your model has more than the 2 Chevy seats up front with "seat belts" check for recalls or notices from DOT regarding the falsified certifications.

The chevy platform is awesome, you'll love it
Old 07-27-2023, 12:07 AM   #6

Hi Anne, We looked. at both the 210 & 190 Populars. The 210 was awesome, but as a first timer the smaller 190 was more appealing. We also ruled out the Sprinter/Ram conversions for a variety of reasons.The van we bought was located 11 hours from our house so we couldn't just stop by to look. 23,500 miles, the right equipment, and a low price made our decision. Not the kinds of folks that make a buying decision that way, however, there weren't many models for us to look at locally (3-4 hours away). In the end, it's an expensive gamble that hopefully pays off!
Old 07-27-2023, 12:11 AM   #7

Well Mike, that explains a lot! I have the owners manual doesn't even mention how the solar & Alde works. Was hoping there would be other 40th Anniversary owners that could pass down their tribal knowledge. The 190 Popular has 2 captain chairs up from, hopefully there are no seat belt issues with them
Old 07-27-2023, 04:10 AM   #8
Platinum Member

no, those will be the stock Chevy seats with nice covers on them

I think the recalls ( you can google) cover adventurous and zion models
Old 07-30-2023, 04:35 PM   #9
Silver Member

I had no experience with RVs of any sort. Hired an experienced equipment locator at a 10% of purchase price fee. Just knew I wanted a Roadtrek. Two month search, we are in N. California, and he found one in Oregon. $17,000, 1998 D Popular. I gave him $19,000 in cash and off he went to Oregon with his girlfriend to check it out. He had it checked by a mechanic and made the purchase. Drove it back with GF following. This is 2010. To me it was more than perfect. Looked great and drove sweetly and silently down the road w/95K. So off I go on my first trip from California to Tofino on Vancouver Island to visit a friend. First stop was with a friend of a friend that knew RVs. He went over everything imaginable with me. Second best thing I did after buying the Rt. Was to have someone with hands on experience of how things work. You might want to find a local with RV experience to go over the ins and outs of the Rt. Welcome and as far as a name I just call mine The Trek. Not exactly original but works. Bob
Bobow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2023, 12:58 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbydadario View Post
Purchased a 2015 190 Anniversary Edition. Never owned or been in an RV before. Bought sight unseen. Never did anything this crazy before, but here we are. I wanted to introduce myself to the community as I suspect I will asking for advice from you guys. Do you's guys name your rig? I want to call it the Manvan, the wife insist on Camptramp
Every vehicle needx a name. Camptramp dounds hood. Lol we want to call ours Bernice but no matter what we call it the bus. We use to own a bus for 30 years So its hard to say van or Bernice
Our first trip. We were sitting in front of a friends house in the city of Winnipeg on an un level road, when we started to smell suer. Took a while to realize our toilet was draining on the road. Yup we were leaking seeage. That was the worse part of our trip. We were 2 seniors doing a 61/2 week voyage . Best thing we ever did. Loved taking my toilet everywhere. Especially since we couldn't of survived with out it after getting food poisoning from a restaurant in NB. Thank God. Have fun like yoju will!
Watson is offline   Reply With Quote