Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-20-2019, 04:22 PM   #141
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianh View Post
It's a fascinating story, it will be interesting to see how it continues to unfold. I don't feel quite the passion about it as many of you because I don't own and have never owned a Roadtrek, but as a buyer who got into the class B market just before this all went down and was strongly considering one, I've followed the story with keen interest.
I did own a Roadtrek from about 2002 until 2015. What you may not understand was that during that period "Roadtrek" was almost synonymous with "Camper van", which is what, for me, makes this story so fascinating (in the same way a train wreck is fascinating). When we decided to get a new van, we looked at Roadtrek, but my wife felt that all the new models were not as nice as the 2000 we had just sold, and she said she wanted to move up, not down.
michaelingp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 05:21 PM   #142
Platinum Member

Default Lying to your boss a crime?

"I don’t see how this isn’t criminal behavior. "

Because this is not a public company and lying to your boss is not generally a crime.
RossWilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 06:20 PM   #143
Bud
Platinum Member

It not like is known to tell the truth.

https://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/erwin-h...lame-1.4304092
Bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 06:24 PM   #144
Bud
Platinum Member

Without an interview He can't be asked if your not to blame, who is?
Old 02-20-2019, 06:56 PM   #145
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud View Post
Without an interview He can't be asked if your not to blame, who is?
Did I Do That?

He adds that hopes that a buyer is found, he had nothing to do with the receivership process, and will personally give references to any employee who asks. Hamill is asking that people stop threatening his family.

This guy is one slick joker.
ClassB4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 07:23 PM   #146
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RossWilliams View Post

Because this is not a public company and lying to your boss is not generally a crime.
So, fraud is not fraud so long as it is a private company.

Now I'm not saying he committed it, I'm just saying from what I've seen in your many posts here, you'd be a great juror for the defense. I really want you on my jury if I should ever be on trial for a crime.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 08:27 PM   #147

Quote:
Originally Posted by RossWilliams View Post

Fraud can be committed against private companies and individuals. Whether lying to your boss is a crime depends upon what the lie is. In this case, according to the court filing I quoted earlier, the lies “materially impacted the viability of the business.” Maybe the lies were about hiding losses from all the warranty and repair work instead of embezzlement, as others on this forum have suggested. It’s still fraud perpetrated by certain managers and employees at EHGNA. So yeah, I don’t see how these actions as described in the court filings are not grounds for criminal charges.
Novadude59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 09:03 PM   #148

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novadude59 View Post
Fraud can be committed against private companies and individuals. Whether lying to your boss is a crime depends upon what the lie is.
Agreed. While public companies do have an extra set of regulations that apply to them, there are still many types of crimes that can be committed by employees or owners of a private company. In addition to the criminal aspect of fraudulent activities, Erwin Hymer (now Thor) may also be able to bring a civil lawsuit against particular individuals (should they believe they'd be able to win and recover any meaningful damages). Time will tell how this plays out, but just because you haven't seen anything yet doesn't mean that criminal charges and/or a private lawsuit won't still happen.
brianh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 12:09 AM   #149
Platinum Member

Is lying to your boss fraud? Maybe, I'm not a lawyer. But we would be putting a lot of people in jail if that were prosecuted.

"you'd be a great juror for the defense."

I don't like lynch mobs and think if you value your character you need to stand up to them.
Old 02-21-2019, 12:34 AM   #150
Platinum Member

It may not be illegal to lie to the boss, but it certainly is illegal to steal from him or the company, alter books or declared inventory that could change taxes, or allow others to do similar by not "noticing" even though they work for you.

Quote:
I don't like lynch mobs and think if you value your character you need to stand up to them

So I guess that means your character is superior others on here?
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 12:53 AM   #151
Platinum Member

Default Lynch mobs

I don't care a bit about other people's character. That is their problem and my opinion of them is my own.

There is zero evidence for any of the veiled accusations. Which is the nature of lynch mobs. Verdict first, no evidence needed. The only thing lacking here is proximity, rope and the courage to use it.
Old 02-21-2019, 12:54 AM   #152
Bud
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by booster View Post
It may not be illegal to lie to the boss, but it certainly is illegal to steal from him or the company, alter books or declared inventory that could change taxes, or allow others to do similar by not "noticing" even though they work for you.

So I guess that means your character is superior others on here?
booster, RossWilliams is a character.
Old 02-21-2019, 01:34 AM   #153
Platinum Member

Default The Charcter of Lynch Mobs

We have a bunch of people here who have been demanding punishment for Roadtrek's president, that he should be made to pay for his alleged "crimes", encouraging employees to picket his house. Now, apparently, some people have taken that to heart and are threatening the guy and his family. And those same folks are egging them on and anyone who suggests we wait for some evidence of actual crimes is "defending" him and a "character". Afterall, he might be guilty of something and that's enough since he called us a bunch of "armchair engineers".
Old 02-21-2019, 01:40 AM   #154
Platinum Member

Same old Ross, and it was so nice an peaceful.
Old 02-21-2019, 01:50 AM   #155
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by booster View Post
Same old Ross, and it was so nice an peaceful.
You feed the troll, you pay the consequences...
gregmchugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 02:02 AM   #156
Platinum Member

Default No kidding

Peaceful for the trolls here, not so peaceful for the guy whose family has been threatened.
Old 02-21-2019, 02:26 AM   #157
Platinum Member

Looking forward to seeing this sold by Thor / Hymer in 2019. Hope they keep Hymer in the USA.

She did a darn good job (she owns an Activ on a Promaster)
Old 02-21-2019, 02:43 AM   #158
Platinum Member

Should disgruntled people be threatening anyone’s family, of course not...

Should disgruntled CEOs be threatening people who report van electrical devices and heating systems with dangerous safety violations, of course not...

Karma is a bitch...
gregmchugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 12:56 PM   #159
Platinum Member

Jim Hammill Speaks...

He totally blames the Hymer family for the destruction of Roadtrek and EHG NA and claims the parent company were abusive (with excessive demands for increased performance).

Hammill is doubling down and ready to fight to save his reputation

CTV Video Clip
I guess this saga is far from over and expect the Hymer family will not stay silent for long.
Old 02-21-2019, 01:24 PM   #160
Platinum Member

I am having a bit of trouble with the logic. If the cause of the problems was the decision to sell the corporation, and then Thor didn't want NA, why would the family go through all the cost of the current turmoil only to wind up in the same asset sale place they started? I would think they would either run it do whatever they could to make it look good to sell, or do a fire sale right away.

Expecting/demanding increased production is nothing new in business or acquisitions and is more the norm, from what I saw in the working world. It is the job of the local management to impress on the owners the reasons that it can't be instantly implemented and layout an organized, reasonable, plan to get there. That is what they pay the big bucks to them to do. If somehow $300M of debt was accrued trying to meet production goals (which doesn't seem reasonable) and that was enough to ruin the company, local management should have been screaming doom for a long time, or just saying no, and risking their jobs if necessary, because the company was in peril, and all the jobs were at extreme risk.